Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Ruby II

I can't remember if I've written about this on the blog before, but Lucy has never been very into dolls. She LOVES dress up clothes, her barbie-sized Princesses and everything else Princess themed.  After seeing baby Ruby (Becca's adorable child) at Christmas she found the one baby doll we own and named her Ruby. Well, in the last couple of months Lucy has been pregnant and given birth to Ruby abut ten times. Lucy loves pregnancy-it is all about eating delicious food that her baby wants until her baby is full, and asking me to feel her stomach so I can feel her baby kick. Sometimes the baby in her tummy will even make her feel sick or uncomfortable (but not nearly as often as reality:) Labor usually consists of Lucy yelling, "My baby's ready to come out", running to her room and bringing back baby Ruby for me (the proud grandma) to hold. I have to babysit fairly often because the new mom is so tired.  Lucy kisses her baby and whispers sweet endearments to her and has stolen a pair of baby shoes from my baby wardrobe for her own baby. We'll see what happens to baby Ruby once our house is filled with new babies, but for now I'm glad she is getting some good experience.

(yes it is warmer here in CA then in most places in March. Is it bathing suit weather? No. Lucy has decided her new swimming suit from Gma can also serve as a ballet dress until the pools open. She insists she is not freezing. Crazy.)

2 comments:

  1. I've read this 3 times now, including one time out loud to Kyle. It cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Lucy is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete