I've hit the 34 weeks mark! That is considered a milestone because the babies could come and be relatively safe after this. I had an appointment last week and all is well. They plan on taking out my stitches at 36 weeks-it is weird to see that appointment on my calendar because it means babies will likely come relatively soon after! I have watched other twin pregnancies through blogs and it seems that week 34 is the week when most women feel like they want to be done. I hit that point about two days ago:) I'm lucky that I've had no heartburn, no varicose veins, no serious swelling (yet), but I am officially ready to not be pregnant anymore. I have to grunt and groan to stand from a seated position (laying is even worse), if I move I am instantly out of breath, when I sit I have to cradle my tummy just to take some of the weight off my sides, I can't cross my legs or I cut off all blood circulation, I can't sleep with Danny anymore because our little double bed has officially outgrown the two (or four:) of us, and I have just gotten my first serious stretch marks(and no I'm not the type to post a tummy pic). It will only get worse:)
More then all that, however, I am just excited to see these babies! We have been toying with names since we found out they were girls and are almost set. Picking names has been way hard for us this time around-I just don't like many girl names. I could name triplet boys on the spot-but girls are hard! We'll see if the names stick when we see their cute faces.
I have set a deadline of April 4 to get my to do list finished. I'm trying to finish editing and burning our family videos, finish the babies' room, pack my hospital bag and other assorted chores. I really want to take it easy in April (meaning-lay around and read my book, watch the masterpiece shows on my dvr, play pretty princess with Lucy) in hopes that the babies will stay put as long as possible. My goal is to deliver the week of the 17th. Do I actually have any control over that? No. But positive visualization has to help right? By that time I'll be 37 weeks and the girls should be pretty big (I will also be pretty big I expect:)
Well, that was a random jumble of thoughts. I tried to take a tummy pic yesterday-unfortunately I was not very talented at it. In most of them I cut off either my head or my tummy-kind of defeats the purpose:)
You are huge but still look awesome!
ReplyDelete34 weeks! That's longer than I was pregnant with Stinky. Your girls are totally good to go :)
ReplyDeleteKayla
Freckles in April | a modest fashion and lifestyle blog
WHOA! Comoly! What a cute picture- you and then this attached belly. The rest of you looks the same! CrAzy! Hang in there! We're so excited for you :) Love you, The L Family.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good pic! Abnd it certainly gives a good indication of how large the girls are! You are as skinny as possible!
ReplyDelete