Sunday, February 27, 2011

By Hand or Cheap

I have been really good about not buying anything for my baby girls so far.  It has taken some restraint and I'm very proud of myself. Of course, a lot of things have come out since Lucy was born.  When Becca and Katy were here I decided to make a couple things myself. Unfortunately I haven't sewn much since my quarter of Sewing 101 in sixth grade. I'm still about as good as a sixth grader too (no offense to sixth graders I guess).  Here are my first sewing projects- a car seat blanket/shield thing

and a nursing cover. I'm very excited about the nursing cover-I just used a blanket with Lucy-but these seem so convenient! I made mine a little extra wide in case I have multiple babies under there.

Here are my latest craigslist finds. I am not a big craigslister because I don't usually want to go to someone's home, barter etc all for one little thing. I got super lucky to search for a changing pad and find a Moby as well! I have been about to buy a Moby several times-all for full price. I got this moss green one for $10 and the changing pad for $3. Sweet!

I also just sold a stroller on craigslist so I'm feeling rich. All this saving is handy because I have expensive tastes when it comes to strollers. I'm going to buy this one today:



I have become obsessed with it. It is such a large purchase-it has to be the perfect thing-but how can I know if it is as wonderful as it seems until I really try it with two babes? I have fretted and agonized over this purchase-but I'm doing it. I'm buying last years model that everyone is trying to get rid of-so the price tag is much cheaper then it could have been. We'll see how it works!

3 comments:

  1. hey...it's kendra...kaity nieman's sister. I'm in the area and have some baby stuff if you need it (another changing pad with cute brown cover, swing, and a ton of baby boy clothes (though i guess if you are having baby girls that doesn't help you much:)) I'm trying to think what else I have....I will have to rummage through my attic and see what else is up there...i'll get back to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY you are getting the stroller! I'm glad you've decided to GO FOR IT. I'm jealous of your Moby--you know how much I wanted one! Couldn't say no to a free Bjorn though--hey do you want that back?

    Good job on the nursing cover! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy,
    I'm getting so excited for you and your new girls! I know you must be starting to really feel the pain! (feel free to cry everyday from 33 weeks on... i did!)
    keep cook'in those babies! i know they will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete