Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Twin Sale!

On Friday night I had anxiety dreams about the twin sale I was attending the next day. I kept seeing these girls pushing my giant-pregnant self out of the way, or arriving really late and everything was gone-they were intense dreams. You can tell I have been excited to attend the annual sale in Pleasanton. My Mom and Dad woke up early on Saturday morning to take me-they even brought me a bagel and donut. We fueled up and got to the sale about 40 minutes early. At first we felt like we were surprisingly far back in the line-but by the time they let us in I was feeling great-the line behind us was incredible! There were hundreds of people waiting to be let in! Ladies had brought large bags and even laundry hampers to carry home their loot. We went straight to the equipment section where unfortunately I didn't find the double snap-n-go I wanted, but I did find two cute changing pad covers, an awesome door-hanging jumperoo and mom got a bunch of puzzles for Lucy.  We felt relatively successful, left Dad with our first haul and went in to the clothing building. They had nothing cute for Lucy, but I wandered to the newborn girl section and we ended up with some adorable outfits, preemie onesies and sleepers. Most new moms say they get a ton of newborn things and then don't have much for the other ages-I'm the opposite. I think I'm set for clothes (although I have no idea really, I've only ever clothed one baby at a time!) but I didn't have very many newborn clothes-so this was perfect. We left feeling very successful-not to mention exhausted and sore- I had tons of contractions all day after all the activity:)
Just some of my cute newborn outfits. There is nothing cuter then mini-clothes.
My preemie onsies-this pic doesn't show off how tiny tiny they are!
...so I had to show you. They are so dang small!

6 comments:

  1. So tiny! Ruby had some of those same onesies. I feel like crying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twin sale?! I'll take two!

    P.S. Originally I was going to say, "So tiny!" but then I saw that Becca beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best place to go for premie clothes is Walmart. The Carter's sleepers are constantly on the clearance rack for just a few dollars, and so cute. I find it hard to restrain myself sometimes, I have to remind myself the next one might not be so early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be so fun to put little someones into the cute clothes! But I am ok to wait awhile longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I miss the teeny-tiny clothes and diapers. Glad you found stuff... moms at those things can be vicious. We have a free BYU kids' clothing exchange and it is so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your practice of using a remote as a size reference catches on. I wonder how many remotes high the Parthenon is?

    ReplyDelete