Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Twins

Can you see where my mind has gone these last couple weeks?
This pregnancy my emotions have been all over the place.  Most of all I have been thrilled and felt blessed beyond belief. However, occasionally other emotions have crept up as well. The last bit I have been increasingly frightened. Twins seem so exciting, and for someone like me who can't get pregnant without help, they literally are "two for the price of one".  I finally decided to confront the fear and read up on what this will really take for the first little while (I'll face all the other issues and intricacies that come with twins after the first year:) Well, the books have freaked me out even more! Just feeding these girls is going to take a lot of organization! Sleeping too, I just can't keep all the rules straight in my head! Let me tell you-each of these books suggests getting a "night nurse". Come on! Who can actually afford to get a night nurse?!

I just need to take some cleansing breaths and know that of course we will survive.  I mostly want to be able to enjoy these girls baby-hood and appreciate it while it lasts-I know how freakishly quickly time flies at that stage (and in general really). 

So to sum up: super excited, a bit freaked out that I'll mess everything up, confident in the end it will all be fine (which is to say, we'll survive:) I'll have to post the babies' stats tomorrow after my appt. I feel like this is actually going to happen soon! Most mornings Danny looks at me with wide eyes and tells me I've grown overnight. I think he is actually realizing there are TWO babies in here!

3 comments:

  1. If anyone can handle something that requires organization, YOU can. Remember the chemo calendars? And how you've organized my room ever since I was little? I am not at all worried about that part because you are a pro.

    Now go get a croissant from Donut King, think of me, and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop letting the books freak you out. You have proven yourself as a great parent already. This time it is just times two. As an experienced mom of twins, it really is not that hard. My one word of advice is keep them both on the same schudule. I am just a phone call away if you need help or have any questions. ( we have survived the first 13 years )

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a scary thought, but so cool and such a blessing at the same time. Good luck and I'm so excited for you. Love the blog background by the way.

    ReplyDelete