Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Big girl

 There are lots of awesome things about having a big girl who is almost four:
*She can get in and out of the car by herself
*She can entertain herself for long periods of time reading, coloring or doing other quiet activities
*She is a big helper-she gets me things when I don't want to stand up (which is pretty often these days!),  sets the table, sorts the socks, waters the plants and is an awesome weed puller
*She is an awesome shopper and always tells me her opinions
*She sings to me, tells me stories and puts on ballet shows for me
*She is in all ways SUPER FUN

But one of my favorite things about having a big girl, is sharing my favorite things with her. 


Today we watched Anne of Avonlea together. I had some projects to do while we watched and I thought she'd get bored and just play around me. Nope. She sat next to me and watched every minute (yes, I know that is a lot of tv for one day!) Every once and a while she'd turn to me and say very seriously, "Mom, I don't know who she is going to marry. Who does she love?"
I know Lucy, that always tortures me to. Thank heavens she marries Gil, who is second only to Danny in my heart.
 
"I just want you." Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. A) I've been watching that with Ruby but I don't think she gets it.
    B) That is so cute. Lucy is so grown up and adorable! I love her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the shot of Gil and Anne also includes your tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO cute. What would life be without the Anne movies?

    ReplyDelete