We have been looking forward to this past weekend for awhile. On Thursday I was thrown a shower by my mother in law with all the lovely ladies from our home ward in attendance. We really had a wonderful time eating delicious food and chatting. I loved just talking about my girls. I was completely spoiled with adorable matching outfits and whole cases of diapers. I was really shocked by everyone's generosity. I expected gifts: some blankets, onesies and maybe a sleeve of diapers-typical baby shower gifts. Instead those that gave me diapers brought whole cases from Costco or large bags filled with sleeves of diapers. Those that brought me outfits (I didn't have any matching things before and it really is fun to imagine my little girls matching:) brought me really beautiful dresses and accessories. I was just overwhelmed.
 |
| Me with about half the food in one of the four shirts that still fit me. |
 |
| Mom and I like to model our baby clothes! |
 |
| Lucy got to reopen everything the next morning-a very important big sister job. |
|
|
 |
| Someone even remembered Lucy and got her and her sisters matching dollies-Lucy is thrilled. |
Everyone had so much fun chatting we didn't get home until pretty late-I was exhausted. The next day was an exciting one for the Leininger fam-Lindsay got engaged to Jason! We are so excited to welcome him to the family. They'll be getting married in August so we are lucky enough to see them often and get to watch the wedding prep (I can't wait to dress up my three girls for a wedding-although I think I'll still look like a whale in August:) On Friday we were able to attend the temple together for Lindsay's endowment. We had a great time being there together for such an important event.
Girlfriend you are HUGE. I can't wait to see the matchy outfits!
ReplyDeleteI love those matching outfits and all the generosity...so nice of everyone! I think at this point, I was down to 3 rotating dresses that I wore every day, so I'm impressed that you're still wearing jeans and have FOUR shirts, good for you! And isn't it nice when people remember the older sister? I loved the gifts that had fun stuff for Ella too!
ReplyDeleteIt was great to see you Christy! And you are a champ for going to the temple that pregnant... seriously, sister-in-law of the year award to you.
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful!!!! So happy you had such a great shower and how sweet of those girls..they know how many diapers you're going to be going through. :) Can't wait to see those babies in all those outfits! Hope you're feeling good, can't wait to hear the great news and we're praying you have a wonderful, healthy delivery!
ReplyDelete