Monday, September 5, 2011

4 months!

The girls are four months already. When Lucy was four months I thought she was huge! I was excited to start feeding her cereal and was worried she wasn't rolling over very often. It is funny what a different experience having a second (and third) child is.  Yet again I am so happy that I have an older child before twins. I am so much more easy going with these girls. I think I can also savor this age a bit more, rather than looking forward to what is ahead.  Four months is wonderful and like every age I would like to freeze them at this moment. Both girls smile and interact with us constantly. They love "talking" and smiling at Lucy too.  They both spit up and drool pretty much constantly, laugh occasionally, and cry every once in a while:)  I put them in bed about 9-10 PM and they fall asleep on their own then sleep until 4/5. After a quick feeding they sleep again until 7/8 AM.  I couldn't be luckier. Their nap schedule is still a bit loose, mostly because we are out and about quite a bit, but I think they will start having a more regular nap time soon.  Right now they sleep in their car seats, after nursing or whenever I swaddle and put them in bed.  I'm still swaddling them at night and it has been wonderful because they associate it with bedtime and fall asleep easily.  They both can roll from their tummies to their backs (beacsue they hate tummy time -which I hardly ever give them) and have started trying to turn from their backs to their tummies. They wiggle and move around constantly. Their favorite thing is to stand.  When I hold them on my lap they straighten out their legs and arch their back so I'll let them stand.

I love how they usually end up finding each others hands/limbs.

Joyce
12lbs 3 oz,  25.3''



(As you can tell my beautiful Joyce likes to claw her face. No matter how short I cut her nails she finds a way to injure herself. I'm not editing her claw marks out so I can show her the damage she caused when she's older. )

Joyce is such a sweet baby. She has left her previous reputation(she was harder to sooth and cried a bit more) behind her.  She smiles all the time, but still doesn't love smiling at strangers.  She often looks serious and you can tell she is thinking and figuring things out.  She loves grabbing toys above her and loves trying to get toys into her mouth.  She has started soothing herself by sucking her index and middle finger on one hand and grabbing her ear with her other hand. It is really cute:)

Lydia
12 lbs 4 oz., 25.9''



Lydia has many different smiles. She has a general smile when she is happy, a special "your interacting with me" smile she gives to anyone who will look/talk to her, a grin when she thinks something is especially exciting, and and over-the-top thrilled smile that just shines with joy. Tyra would be proud because the girl can smize too;) Lydia is easy going, but when she is upset she really lets you know it.  She loves grabbing toys and checking out new things. Today at the Dr.s she was trying to flip on to her tummy and found her toes! She was so excited! Then she worked on getting them into her mouth-it was adorable.

This whole twin thing is hard at times-- well most of the time--but it is also incredibly fun. I adore these babies. Next post-preschool!





2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable pictures! But I feel so bad for Joycie's poor face :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about being grateful you had one baby first. At this point (almost a year) with Ella, I was dressing her in jeans all the time, thinking she was a toddler already. With these babies I am able to enjoy their babyness and they still feel so little! Your girls are adorable and I am glad to hear they are sleeping for you. Things get so nice when you can actually feel well rested too. I am totally impressed that you are out and about a lot, we still struggle with that!

    ReplyDelete