Monday, September 12, 2011

Baby Girls' Room

This post is for mainly for Becca.  Since the babies were born we have had them in the same crib.  For the first couple months they calmly slept side by side and didn't even wake each up when they'd cry.  When they were about three months they got a bit more wiggly and even when we put them on opposite sides of the crib, they'd end up right next to each other. Well, around month four Lydia got especially squirmy and would often end up with her feet in Joyce's face/ribs.  One night Danny and I jumped up when we heard Joyce screaming a pained scream. Lydia was actively kicking her in the face. Just like she did in the womb:)
looks crowded
We decided it was time to put up the second crib. They have a small little room so it was tricky but we put up the crib (we got for $15 at a garage sale. It was a steal because it is pretty nice one!) 
trying some of the options...

you can see Lydia's toes there in the corner...but Joyce was still happy:)



Well, we tried the cribs in every position we could think of and finally found one we liked. Last week Becca sent me four more giant bags of clothes (Diana and Becca have really outfitted these babies!). The clothes ended up on the floor for a week because my little dresser wouldn't fit them all! I only put in what is their size too! I found another dresser on Craigslist, painted it pink (I couldn't help it:) and now their room is finally all put together. You can't get around the fact that a little room is stuffed with furniture-but I think it ended up pretty cute. Here are way too many pics:

I made this when Danny and I first got married

Thanks for this printable Bonnie. This is my theme with these girls. I don't want to miss a moment.


This painting was given to me by my Grandma Kay when I as a baby and hung in my room growing up. I love that its in the girls' room now.



both girls' footprints

those are all little jackets and hoodies in the door!



My helper this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. LOOOVE all the pics. I didn't see the various incarnations of the floor plan. Love your set up now. LOOOOOOVE the photos of Joycie--you caught her sweet smile and bright eyes in that shot with Lyddie's foot in her armpit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all, Christy! It is so beautiful. Is that pink wardrobe the one you found at your old house? Either way, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete