Thursday, August 25, 2011

Leinfam Reunion

This year's Leininger Family Reunion was centered around Lindsay and Jason's wedding. We have been so excited about this event. Each night Lucy asks me to help her think good thoughts so she'll have good dreams and we've been using Lindsay's wedding as our good thought for months! (We've moved on to thinking about  Car's land at Disneyland opening next year:) Lucy and her cousins were flower girls and Lucy was so excited that all the girls would have matching dresses and get to see Aunt Lindsay all dressed up.








Thanks Missy!

   The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a ton of fun. Lindsay looked gorgeous! We loved being with all of our family for such an important event.  After the party we let the couple go off on their honeymoon and the rest of us went up to Tahoe to relax (we are excited to have Jason join us next year:) We stayed in a nice house in the woods and let the kids run around and explore most of the time. Lucy played dress-up and dart guns with her cousins constantly.  The babies (Miles, Joyce and Lydia) took turns in the swing, bumbo and everyone's arms. We went to the beach every day and Danny brought the stand up paddle board so everyone got a turn trying it out.









One of my favorite things was going out on the water.  We rented two jet skis one afternoon and people were very generous and took the babies for me so I could go out with Danny.  Afterward I was able to take out Lucy and then Camille.  I was surprised how brave Lucy was-she LOVED it.  It was so fun to whoop and holler on the jet ski with her. She wanted to go faster and loved taking the "bumps" as we went into the wind. Steve also rented a bat and water skiing instructor for the kids. When I initially heard about it I was skeptical-Lucy can't swim yet so I never thought I'd let her try water skiing. I never thought it would be an issue because I assumed she would never want to try! The instructor convinced me it was safe and that she'd likely never get wet about her knees.  It turned into an awesome experience. Lucy was the first to try it (right off the back of the boat) and she loved it. She even took one hand off the leash and waved at us.  I was so impressed by how brave she was. She ended up trying it twice and I'm so glad she had so much fun. (I only wish I got it on camera!)



Anther highlight was Danny and Lucy's TV debut.  We were at Commons Beach in Tahoe city and parked next to  an ABC news van.  Steve talked to the reporter and was told when the segment would be filmed. Danny "happened" to be on the water at the right time with Lucy sitting on the paddle board and they made the 6 o'clock news!  I called my mom and got her to DVR it-it was very fun to hear the screaming on the other end of the line as they came on screen. Lucy felt famous:) (stay tuned to the end-Danny just keeps coming back!)


1 comment:

  1. How fun!! It's always so fun to vaca with family!! How fun that you've been able to see both families this summer!

    ReplyDelete