Wednesday, September 28, 2011

5 months

My babies are five months. Why is it that with each monthly update I say to myself, "Already?!". Seriously. Already.  Well, we had no Dr. appointments this month so I can't record any stats but the girls seem a lot bigger lately.  Bathing them tonight Danny predicted that Lydia is a bit bigger but honestly they both feel about the same. Their car seats are definitely getting harder to heft to and from the car.  I'm getting too weak to carry both seats at the same time.

Both girls have been able to flip both ways for the last couple weeks but only this week did they start turning over onto their tummies CONSTANTLY. The problem is they often forget they can get back to their backs and after a minute they get really mad laying on their tummies. I hope they start remembering soon because I feel like all I do is flip babies:) Unfortunately with all this turning I have to stop swaddling them.  Our only bedtime/naptime ritual thus far has been swaddling the girls, saying I love you and leaving them to sleep peacefully.  The last two nights I have gone in when I heard Lydia crying and found her on her tummy while swaddled. I don't know how she does it but it makes me too nervous to leave them swaddled when they don't have their arms to help flip themselves back over. Does that make sense? So tonight I put Lydia in a wearable blanket, said I love you and left her. She cried. I let her cry for awhile, went back in and put her binkie it, more crying. Danny went in, held her arms close to her body for ten seconds and she was sound asleep.  Shoot. We'll see how this transition goes, I hope our awesome bedtime doesn't end.




Poor Joycie got stuck. Can you see how much baby equipment I have in my little house! For the record that is two bouncers, one excersaucer/thing, one bumbo, one swing and one playmat. You can't take two steps without hitting a baby related item.
Joyce:
Joyce has been smiling a lot more this month. Most people have to earn it, but she loves to smile at me:) She is a bit wary of strangers and if someone freaks her out she will cry a really sad cry. Poor baby because she gets looked at a TON. I can't go places without nice people wanting to look at my babies. As long as they don't touch (which they often want to do) I love it-but poor Joycie does not.  Joyce likes her exersaucer for small periods of time but does not enjoy sitting-she would much rather stand. She is very even tempered, but her sad face is adorable.  We call her Joyce, Joycie, Re-Joyce (my dad),  and Cute Girl (me).
mid chuckle


Lydia:
Lydia still constantly has a smile on her face. That baby will smile at the wall simply for existing.  She likes to be thrown in the air by her Daddy, turn over and stuff toys in her mouth (Joyce likes those too but Lydia seems to do them ferociously-does that make sense?). Lydia wakes up happy. She is not afraid of strangers and will smile at anyone who walks by.  When sad she has a wail that could wake the dead. We call her Lydia, Lydie, Wide Eyes and Beautiful Face (me).
I envy this child's lashes


(Yes I know my nicknames are weird and focused solely on their adorable features-but they are so cute that Cute One and Beautiful Face just come out! Those nicknames are used interchangeably too:)

3 comments:

  1. Christy. This is the cutest post I've ever seen. Those girls are so incredible, I am seriously ACHING to see them again. They don't know me at all! :( Soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! I have to say that facially Joyce makes me think of Lucy and Lydia makes me think of Ruby. There's got to be some special need in the world for all these beautiful girls in the Anderson family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are beautiful. I can totally see Danny in that picture of Lucy. Hope those sweet twins of yours have figured out their new sleeping arrangement.

    ReplyDelete