Here is everyone freezing to death. Danny was determined to kayak so he went out on the water for ten minutes. The wind was so strong he was soaked when he came back in.
We found an adorable little cafe that made the best burgers and homemade chips I've ever had. It was one of those fun finds when you're exploring.
| My dad can't take a normal smiling picture. He always mugs for the camera. |
That afternoon we crashed at the Leiningers to watch the BYU game. The babies decided the game was more interesting than their toys.
Camille came to play and she and Lucy played upstairs the whole time. They came down for cookies and to occasionally cheer for our team.
| That is the craziest dress-up dress ever. She is being a Minnie Mouse bride/cheerleader if you didn't know:) |
While walking on some cute trails we were directed to the annual antler ritual. I can't remember what they actually called it-but it was wild. Everyone brought their antlers (?!) and they did a special dance with them. A woman walked by us and asked me to dance with her. I was a bit surprised and being a party pooper I said I should really be watching all the kids and couldn't. Well Danny immediately said he would dance with her. Marilyn, Steve and I just all stared at each other in surprise while Danny ran off (with Joycie on his chest) to dance the ritualistic dance with this random woman. They borrowed some antlers and got their groove on. It was...memorable. So there you have it-our Labor Day.
| During the promenade |



Danny definitely gets credit going where no rational man has gone before!
ReplyDelete