There are some days where you feel like you are a failure as a parent and then some days you feel like you been okay. Rarely you feel awesome, like you taught your child important life lessons, fed them nutriosious meals and only spoke kind words. Today I have felt ALL of those feelings. No super nutritious meal were made and I definitly need to work on my patience, but two things made me feel good tday. First I saw this:
This picture usually sits on a Lucy's bureau. When I asked her why she moved it she said she wanted Jesus to be right by her bed so she could look and think about Him as she went to sleep. Cue the "Awwwwwwwws" . Later as we drove to Grandma's she said "The other week during quiet time, Jesus talked to me in my heart and I heard Him. He talked really quietly but I heard him." :) This all comes after our Primary prgram on Sunday where she gave her "talk" and sang the second verse of Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam as a solo (!). She did great-the fact that she was singing it in front of two wards and a microphone didn't phase her. Unfortuantely I forgot to instruct her not to constantly wave at us from the stand, but what can you do.
Then tonight Danny told me that while I was gone Lucy was impatiently pacing and saying, "Mom is taking so beeping long!" over and over. (Somehow it became a habit to say "beeping" instead f other four letter words:) I guess they hear the good and the bad huh?!
I have some lessons to learn from Lucy...
ReplyDeletelove love love love love
ReplyDelete