Thursday, January 22, 2015

November


November was crazy!

Julie, Marilyn and I threw a baby shower celebrating Lindsay and baby Fox!


That night I finally got to use my birthday tickets to see Tosca by the San Fransciso Opera! It was MArilyn and Steve's first opera which was special:) We went to dinner at a really fun spot and had ice cream at the cute creamery by Danny's office. The show was amazing. Danny is a very enthusiastic Tosca fan-I loved watching him during the show because he was just thrilled by it:)




Jack hit 8 months! The girls are expert bottle holders, binkie finders. They both have certain jobs-Lyd always throws away diapers and Joyce grabs me his diaper bag. They love having ownership over those jobs. They love Jack and look forward to him coming every day.


I got to go on my first field trip with Lucy! She was thrilled and we had a great time at the Jelly Belly Factory:)

I'd rather forget that Lucy brought lice home from school. Her best friend Sarah's mom called me one morning as I was laying on Lucy's bed and told me that Sarah had lice. I jumped up pretty quick:) Fortunately Danny's Aunt Lori is a lice expert, Lindsay had a great lice comb and no one had it except Lucy. After 20 days of checking her every couple days and putting most of our linens and toys in bags, we were finally done.


Bagging most of our belongings wasn't the worst thing in the world, because at the beginning of the month we checked out a rental in the Woodlands neighborhood and got it! We love our cute little white house. It made November pretty busy though. We moved out of Grandma's and cleared out the storage unit over Thanksgiving week.
 
Storage unit Full...



Storage Unit empty!
The storage unit is super close to our new house so our angelic children played My Little Pony games on the ipad for two straight days while Danny and I loaded the truck with stuff and then unloaded it at the house over and over and over.

So much space in the little girl's closet! If you'd seen their last closet you would understand the stupid grin on my face.
Their last night with binkies! We've been meaning to take binkies away for awhile but I just couldn't stand it before. For some reason taking away a binkie is a big deal to me. Anyway, We decided to do it all at once, take away their binkies, move, and put them in twin beds. It was one big change! They gave their binkies to the binkie fairy their first night in the new house and the next morning woke up to large plush My Little Ponies! (Joyce-Rarity, Lydia-Rainbow Dash and even Lucy got one-Pinkie Pie--all their faves). They had a hard night that first night, but after that it wans't an issue at all.
Thanksgiving! We were invited to the Porter's home along with Marilyn and Steve, It was so kind of them to have us because it was also moving day.



The end of move in day. I always forget how much I hate moving-it is so hard.
 We decorated for Christmas first thing. It was so nice because it made our house feel so homey.

We live very close to the canal trail and trail head into the mountains. I had no idea! We have loved going down the street to go on hikes. Danny goes running and hiking out there every morning-it is awesome. That first week we were inside and unpacking so much-so it was nice to get the girls out to run around out there.
After a few days we felt a bit more moved in. Pics so I remember what it looked like:)


The best part? Our fireplace. Danny has lit a fire as much as possible since moving in here. My girls know that when the fire is lit, you grab your book and a blanket and go lounge-its heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment