This year our Christmas celebrations began when Luke and Emily came to town the week before Christmas. We had so much fun hanging out with them.
One morning after a ton of rain we were determined to go on a hike in the hills above our house. It was beautiful but pretty muddy too.
On the way back down this hill Danny decided to have some fun. The boys pretended this muddy path was a slip 'n slide. Theyw alked the rest of the way cold and wet, but seriously happy too. We spent half the afternoon washing out muddy clothes and boots and sent all the boys in to the shower. Danny said it was totally worth it:)
We had sleepovers either at our house or at Grandma's almost every night. These three girls are best friends-it is so fun to have cousins!
Christmas Sunday!
Game night at our house playing a role play Lord of the Rings game-it was super fun.
Christmas lights!
On Christmas Eve we broke with tradition this year. I was super sad not to go into the city but the forecast said rain, so we stayed closer to home and walked around the reservoir. Afterward we explored Powells Candy store in Lafayette and went to the movie. Lucy saw Night in the Museum 3 with everyone and the little girls and Danny and I saw the Penguins of Madagascar.
That afternoon we watched Muppet Christmas Carol at my house and ate yummy appetizers before heading over the Leiningers.
At Leiningers we ate a delicious dinner, had sleigh races, acted out the nativity, sang some carols, and listened to the Polar Express.
This year their was no room to sleep at Grandma's so we went home to sleep at our house after writing a note to Santa explaining that we'd be back in the morning.
What we found from Santa when we got there!! I will always remember this year as our Pony Christmas. Almost all of the girls' gifts were MLP, and they LOVED it.
We had a wonderful, if chaotic morning. Lindsay's water broke after we left the night before, so there was a lot of excitement as we wondered how her labor was going. Baby Fox was born later that day!
This face is priceless. It's the expression you hope for when you buy your girl a present! She got a journal written by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.
At around noon we went over to my house for my Christmas morning.
Awesome gifts from Becca:)
Dad fell asleep right on cue.
Christmas Dinner at the Jacobs.
The next week Danny and I both had off work. Danny was super nice and every time my parents or Katy went to a movie I tagged along. I saw three movies in three days I think!
We were super excited to meet baby Fox.
For our 10th anniversary Danny and I spent the day in Walnut Creek doing my favorite thing-seeing movies! We saw the 3rd Hobbit movie and into the Woods. The rest of the time we window shopped and ate a ton. It was a really fun day.
When we weren't having fun, the week was filled with moving. Katy was moving into Grandma's house, so we had to finally finish moving out! I took down our picture wall:(
We painted
New Years Eve! Mom and Katy put out a delicious spread pf appetizers and we played lots of games with the kids. Danny and I later taught the adults Ripple. We celebrated the ball drop in New York and were happily in bed by 10:)





























No comments:
Post a Comment