I'm so surprised that Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays. I have more decorations for Halloween than Christmas! My girls start talking about it in August so by October 1st we are super ready for a holiday-any holiday!
This year the school carnival was on a Saturday-hallelujah. I volunteered at Lucy's classroom's booth-the crazy hair booth. It was exciting but my lungs paid the price. Lucy walked in the parade and was one of a million Elsas:)
We decorated pumpkins at Grandma Leiningers.
Getting ready for the Northgate 1st ward Trunk or Treat!
Wolverine, Rose Tyler, Elsa, Anna and Elsa.
So my costume has a story. That Saturday I mentioned to Katy that one day I really wanted to be Rose from Dr Who and to find Danny a 10 costume. Katy spent her whole afternoon secretly purchasing me a Rose costume. When she couldn't find a shirt with a Union Jack on it, she PAINTED one. The jacket, jeans-it was all perfect. I LOVED it and have never felt cooler.
Our pumpkins rotted two days after we carved them. Oh well! Fun while they lasted!
One Halloween Katy came over to help us carve one more pumpkin and do some Halloween crafts. Lucy and Katy made a Mercy Watson Pig Pumpkin. It was super cute. We decorated masks, watched a Toy Story Halloween movie and read all of our Halloween books.
After a pumpkin shaped pizza and lots of hairspray we were ready to trick or treat! The little girl's hair was too short for braids so I braided it and then made little braids for them out of yarn-they were thrilled with the finished look.
Lucy's best friend Sarah came trick or treating with us this year. We had such a fun time and went much longer than in previous years. We collected quite a bit if candy!











No comments:
Post a Comment