Thursday, April 21, 2011

Three Birthdays

Since my last post I have walked and walked, scrubbed and cleaned, fretted and freaked. I've had constant painless contractions and assumed that the painful ones were coming right behind them. The couple painful ones I've had have gotten me totally excited and pretty much each day I assumed I'd be having babies. It was frustrating. Then Wednesday I gave up and accepted that these babies just want to stay in me. I have felt SO much better ever since. I don't expect it to happen anymore-so I can just go on. I went to the Dr. this morning and everything is great. I can't feel the girls move as much, which I have been a bit worried about, but they just don't have any more space so they can only make subtle movements. I am currently only dilated to 3 cm but both babies are head down, which makes things much easier for a vaginal delivery. Everything looked good so there was no excuse to keep me. I have all day tomorrow to clean and prep, then all day Saturday to celebrate Lucy's birthday (at which point I will be 38 weeks). Sunday morning we'll have an early Easter egg hunt, then I'll go in and deliver two babies. Crazy huh. It is weird but now that that I don't feel like labor is imminent, I am actually happy to have the last couple days, however uncomfortable I am. I'm going to play with Lucy and sleep as much as I can.  I'm excited to have a last meal and leave my clean house knowing that I'll come home again with babies.  I find it pretty wild that all three of my children will have their birthdays in two days, but what can you do?! I'm sure we'll get used to it.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday we has today. Gpa D just called to say how are you. I said the babies don't want to come until they get home! You should take one last photo. I'm excited for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete