| Lucy on her birthday |
She woke up with a pretty gross cold. Horrible timing right? She told Danny that she was sick, but that she still wanted to turn four today-he said that was okay:) We decorated the house a but last night and she was thrilled to see the streamers, balloons and posters that were arranged around the house. We started the morning by going out for donuts and then jamba juice and then met up with Gma Karen at the farmers market to buy some veggies for our birthday dinner tonight.
Afterward Danny left for a bit and Lucy, Gma and I went shopping for a new Easter dress. My child can shop. She loves picking out clothes and we tried on about 10 dresses. I looked at my mom and asked how we could possibly choose with so many options-she has tried things on with Lucy before and assured me we wouldn't have a problem. Turns out we didn't! Lucy knows exactly what she likes and wants. She twirled in each outfit-that is a big factor all by itself-and told us when she liked certain hemlines and ruffles. Color seemed to make a big difference too. Anyway, we easily chose two dresses and she had a great time trying everything on. After shopping and a little lunch we decided to go to Pixie Playland-a little amusement park in Concord. It has maybe five rides and is perfect for Lucy's age group. We stayed only about 45 minutes but Lucy loved the plane ride, carousel and tea cups and did all of them twice.
The rest of the afternoon we leisurely opened up presents, read the new books she received and relaxed (well, except for Gma who made us cake and dinner:) Gma Marilyn, Babba Steve, Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Bryce all came over to party with us that evening. Danny, Mom and I collaborated on a Rapunzel cake that turned out pretty cute (except for the random splotches that arent frosted in the front....don't know how that happened.
We had a seriously fun day and it really was all about Lucy. I'm glad we had a nice busy day when I could focus on my cute girl and also be distracted so I had no time to think about tomorrow!
I'll post with pics of our new arrivals as soon as I can. I can't believe it.
I'M SO EXCITED. Can't wait to see those babies!!
ReplyDeleteAnd happy birthday to Lucy!
God be with you! I'll pray for you. YOU CAN DO IT! Can't wait to see those cuties!
ReplyDelete