Saturday, August 29, 2009

Spoiled


What happens when your daddy has cancer and your mommy feels guilty that she has turned your life upside down and doesn't spend as much time with you? You are spoiled with gifts! Lucy has really adjusted well to all the changes in our lives this past month. She has been such a good girl. As a result I find that on the few outings we go on (especially during week one) I buy her things. I can't help it. Yesterday I raided the dollar aisle at Target because they had HSM things (Lucy is obsessed with High School Musical. She got such a positive reaction to singing one song from Aunt Becca and Katy that she has every song memorized now and carries the DVD around with her). She now has Troy pillowcases, bracelets, a notebook and a poster book. She carries them all in her purse with her.
Lucy also got her Halloween costume early and I'm letting her wear it. She loves her new Minnie dress-especially the brooch on the front.

Her favorite new toy is a Dora kitchen. A parent at mom's school donated it to the kindergarten but each teacher already has a little kitchen, so Mom mentioned that her little grandbaby's daddy has cancer and could she possibly take it home to buoy her spirits...? The kind mom had no problem and now Lucy is in heaven. She plays with as soon as she wakes up in the morning and reacts like she has never seen it before. I'm really proud of my girl and how she is dealing with everything. Thank heavens for the love of our family-she LOVES having her grandmas and grandpas around-and I do too.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, what a sweet girl Lucy is! I'm glad she's doing so well and having fun. I love her costume and it cracks me up about all of her HSM items--what a hardcore fan! And I love her curls in the last picture--wish my hair would do that on its own! Miss you guys and much love and many blessings during this week of round two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet little girl... she deservs lots and lots of presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, what a trooper you are Christy! Lucy sure is lucky to have such a great mommy. Love you guys!
    p.s. Danny was officially released today and Jordan Norris was called. Since the entire ward including the kids was packed into the relief society room for a 5th Sunday powwow with the bishop, Pres. Stone squeezed in to do the releasing and calling. We all felt so much love and appreciation for Danny and his service. Really, you could feel it! (Literally- I mean, really- the room was PACKED full!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel child. I should send her another present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a doll and I"m so glad she's adjusting well and what a blessing to be with family to pick up where you can't during this hard time. I love her halloween costume!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love following your blog. I am so glad your mom posted it awhile back on Facebook. I love both your families and Carlos and I are thinking of you and keeping your family in our prayers, as you go through this. Thanks for sharing your upbeat attitude and testimonies with all of us. May many learn from you. xoxo, Lisa Pereira (and family)

    ReplyDelete