Thursday, August 6, 2009
An Interesting Side Effect
Danny has already experienced some of the gross side effects of chemotherapy, but the one that has surprised me the most is the hiccups. These aren't just ordinary hiccups, they're earth-shaking, ab-working, freakishly loud hiccups. He started getting them Day 2 and they were impossible to get rid of! He had them on and off all day. The night was the worst. The whole bed would shake and they were SO LOUD! I eventually couldn't take it anymore and slept on the couch. Danny told our nurses how annoying they were the next day and I expected them to give some suggestions for how to get rid of them; drinking water while standing on your head, holding your breath and swallowing three times, etc. Instead they whipped out a prescription! Who knew there was a prescription drug to get rid of the hiccups?! Crazy. (It works too:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So crazy, what great drugs we have invented...I'm glad it worked. Poor guy, I hope he's doing okay with everything he's enduring right now.
ReplyDeleteSending our love!
WoW! Who knew drugs would be the answer for that one! We are praying for you both. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteomigosh! If they only made one for babies! Nothing worse than when they hiccup themselves awake, and then to tears =) LOL Usually a massage for Lukas works. Always makes me laugh! GLAD THEY'Re Gone! For your sake too momma!!
ReplyDelete