
Something you probably know about me is that I don't typically like surprises. I like to know what to expect, I like to plan for things. I'm afraid cancer is really conflicting with my personality. Relief week has not provided the "relief" we expected this time around. Danny had a rough couple days and when we finally called in we learned he was experiencing a prednisone "crash". He is on the steroid for fourteen days and unfortunately it takes a couple days to get over. I resented each day that it took away from our much anticipated "relief". Fortunately one moment it was there-and the next moment the symptoms were gone and Danny felt pretty normal. The the fun began. Danny's oldest brother Luke flew in to town Thursday night to celebrate with us. We have been looking forward to it throughout this cycle and really appreciate the sacrifices he (and his wife who is a complete saint) made to come here. We had breakfast at Chow's-Danny's favorite place in Lafayette and played all morning then dropped Lucy off with G-ma Karen and Baba Greg. The rest of us drove to San Francisco where Luke got us reservations at Le Meridien hotel for the night. We had some delicious Thai food for dinner, ate hot chocolate and slept in gigantic, fluffy beds. This morning we ate at the Ferry building and explored the farmers market and craft stalls. We drove to Sausalito and enjoyed their beauitufl walking paths. It was really nice just to all be out together. It felt "normal"-and I just crave that. It is so easy to be grateful for what you have when you are surrounded by natural beauty. Now, a whole bunch of fuzzy iPhone pictures:




I'm so sorry relief week wasn't as relieving as you hoped. i really wish there was something i could do to help you. just know, as cliche as it sounds, that im keeping your whole family in my prayers, and i hope that helps even a little.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry it didn't go as planned, but I'm glad he's feeling better now. Family is such a blessing and I'm so glad they could come visit and how nice to go stay in the city and enjoy yourselves. We weren't far from ya at all, we were at a wedding in the mission district and then partied at the Fairmont hotel.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and I'm glad the sun came out for a bit, just for you guys. Hang in there Danny and hopefully the rest of relief week is just as wonderful!
Looks like a fun trip! I'm so glad you were able to feel a little normal. I'm so grateful that you are keeping everyone informed with what is going on. It really helps those of us who are far away and don't get to see you that often! I love you guys and you are all still in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteooooh la la! Thai food, fluffy beds, cocoa, and beautiful scenery--- that's heaven on earth guys! way to go out and paint the town red!
ReplyDelete