I was thinking of all these cute vampire titles I could use for this post-but I was getting too corny and decided to just cut to the chase. This week Danny's red blood cell count got too low before he went in for chemo on Day 8 so he needed a transfusion. The two liters of blood he received were radiated, and then he went in yesterday and got it pumped into him through his port. He didn't instantly feel energized but he does seem to have more color in his face. Receiving the blood took six hours-I was waiting at home and didn't know what they were doing to him in there-six hours! It felt like forever. He says he doesn't notice a big difference, but I hope it helps somehow. We are three days into our neupogen shot week and Danny is starting to get a little achy but is generally feeling good. He went to the Wellness Center today for his cooking class-I'll make him blog about it soon. He comes home all excited about food and nutrition (I'm glad one of us is!). We are starting to get really excited about our upcoming trip to Utah. We are driving out during Relief Week for Lindsay's concert (October 1st 7:30 at the Tahitian Noni Theater in Provo-come if you're around-its going to be awesome) and Clayton's birthday (yeah 6!). It is so fun to have things to look forward to.
Pre-Blood


Filled to bursting
way to be Danny! Pumping iron these days, and red blood cells! Not too shabby! How fun to head to Utah guys... we'll pray that the trip goes well and that Lindsay's concert is AWESOME as expected! Good luck Lindsay! Christy, you're an amazing sister and I love you to little pieces! I'll be thinking of you tonight at the RS broadcast!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys, thanks for keeping us all updated. Way to stay strong!
ReplyDelete-Bubba and jordan
Still thinking of you. Hope you have a nice relief week. Take it easy.
ReplyDeletewow, six hours! I sure hope it helps and Danny I always love the expressions on your face! You are a strong man and you can get through this!!! We love you and how exciting about your cooking class, can't wait to hear more about it! Yeah for your Utah trip, that will be great!!
ReplyDeleteHi guys, it's Angela (Hulme) an old Clayton friend and I just wanted to let you know that one more person is praying for you and your sweet family. Your storying is really amazing and seeing you go through it is so inspiring to the rest of us to help us appreciate everything we take for granted each day. We pray for the best for you guys. Keep up all the hard work and know that we are pulling for you.
ReplyDelete