Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Relief Week

We've made it to relief week at last! We began this morning with a trip to Davis. We stopped in Vacaville on the way up to visit the new Nut Tree play area. They have a choo choo train, carosel and a bunch of free activities. Lucy loved it and it was really fun to hang out as a family.



Afterward we tackled the student pharmacy in Davis. I got most of our prescriptions filled with minimal hassle. Lucy and Danny played /rested on the lawn waiting for me. While Danny rested Lucy chatted with Aunt Becca on the phone.

Driving into Davis was weird. It felt totally normal-and then I saw a whole row of bikes pedaling over an overpass and I realized how much I missed it. After a fun lunch and browse at Borders we called my former visiting teacher Sister Gubler who was kind enough to let Danny take a nap on her bed and entertain a Lucy and I. When Danny feels good we almost forget he has cancer-until he he hits a wall and gets super tired. We really appreciated the rest and break from the heat. Afterward we got to visit with Danny's Elders Quorum presidency and their families. We love these good friends. The ward (with some major help from Linnea!) actually made Danny a quilt with everyone's signitures on it. They also wrote us sweet notes. We really appreciate the beautiful quilt and all the effort that went into making it. We really feel the love and prayers you guys have sent our way.


To top off an awesome day we were able to meet with Jamie-a family friend that is six months into his remission from Hodgkin's disease. He brought us TONS of helpful supplements and things that made his treatment easier-along with a lot of tips and good advice. Sometimes it is so nice to know that someone else has survived and knows what you're experiencing. Thanks for listening Jamie-we really appreciate your help and understanding.

We've had a great, if exhausting day. We'll have to take it a little easier tomorrow-but I'm determined to enjoy every minute and appreciate this week.

7 comments:

  1. What a great day! I love the pictures. I'm glad you were able to get back to Davis. You guys are loved by so many - how sweet of them to make that quilt! And I'm glad you were able to talk to Jaime. They have been so nice and I bet it is so great to talk to someone who knows so well what you are going through. Enjoy every minute of the relief!! love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having some good days mixed in with all the hard ones. You deserve every minute of it--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davis sure is a wonderful place to be and we miss it so much! I'm so glad you got to have such a great day and I'm sad we didn't get to see you! Linnea is amazing and talented, she and everyone else did a great job on the quilt! We love you guys and yeah for relief week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad there is a relief week...the week prior sounds awful! we are still praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys look so happy despite it all! (Adrian): Danny, you do look tougher bald; I think I'll think twice before trying to take you out again! We're thinking of you all and you're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure was great to see you guys, and Lucy's popsicle covered mouth :) What a neat thing is the gospel that can not only bring us that sweet peace in moments when we need it most, but that we can get that peace from one another at times when we really are seeking and giving at the same time. We love you and pray for you daily. You guys are real troopers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It might not just relief for you but a much needed break to. It seems like you made maximum from your relief. Lucy chatting on phone is my favorite image from those. Wish you good days ahead.
    vitamine d

    ReplyDelete