Catch up posts are so annoying, but when I looked through my July pictures, I just couldn't resist a ctach up post. We had so much fun in July, now that summer is almost over I am already missing it.
I love celebrating Katy's birthday-she always thinks of the most fun things to do! This year she invited me to enjoy one of her birthday gifts-tickets to see La Traviata at the San Fransisco opera. We had a wonderful night. I love the opera, it was incredibly beautiful.
We sat in the farthest of back corners. The sweet usher told us it was the acoustic "sweet spot". I'm not sure if she was lying to make us feel better but I think I agree with her. I actually really like not seeing the details-makes it all a little more real:)
We also tried out a Spanish restaurant in Oakland. It was really fun to try something competently different. We loved the food and enjoyed watching the world cup game there too:)
I can't remember why Lucy and I were alone one day, but we took advantage and went on a back to school date. We bought new shoes, MLP socks, a backpack and lunchbox. We capped it all off with In n Out.
Later in the month we celebrated baby Anna's 1st birthday. We love the Blodgett's new house-and pool:)
Anna wasn't too interested in her cake smash cake, so the three year olds took over.
Ever since our Princess Academy at the Leinfam reunion the girls have been really into tea parties. Katy and I had an epic morning at garage sales and found two little tea sets and they've been used daily.
We finally used our zoo pass again! We took Lucy's good friend for a perfect day at the zoo.
Katy and I took the girls to the Academy of Sciences in San Fran. We had a wonderful day exploring. The kids loved the aquarium.
Lucy really enjoyed the rain forest. There were butterflies all over the top level and she loved walking amongst them. I couldn't stand the unbearable heat and walked us through pretty fast-we all left the dome sweaty.
I loved the skulls exhibit. We were able to look at skulls and determine if they were herbivores/carnivores based on their teeth. They had over four hundred sea lion skulls on the wall with about eight different skulls hidden amongst them-it was so fun trying to find the warthog etc.
Had to check out the cool living roof!
On the way home we had to stop at Fentons:)
And to top off the month: Lucy is becoming a great reader. She reads by herself each night for about an hour. The other night I found her very comfortably reading like this:

















No comments:
Post a Comment