In a stroke of incredibly good luck, I checked the library museum pass system one night and found Exploratorium tickets. They are usually sold out for months ahead of time so I was thrilled to find them. We had never been to the new Exploratorium on the embarcadero is it was exciting to explore a new museum. We went with Katy and my mom and had a great day playing in the city.
This room was probably our favorite-was danced in here for quite awhile.

The layout is better for older kids, but amidst the crowds we still found lots of interesting things to check out.
In this exhibit you give yourself a new name and then it is displayed along with your picture throughout the day. We had a Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Ekaterin and Eleanor of Aquitaine (not pictured:).
Love my summer field trip crew!

After we had explored as much as we liked we walked down to the ferry building and I introduced them to my favorite hamburger spot over there.
Luke, Emily and family came out from Virginia for the whole month of July. We tried to entertain ourselves while they were out traveling other parts of the west, but when they were in town we tried to hang out as much as possible. We even got an adult date night in! After a fun dinner in Walnut Creek we went go-karting in Livermore. I had a much better race this time than my previous experience. They even gave me a free race because it was August 1st-my birthday month!
These girls have so much fun together. So fun to have cousins to play ponies with:)
We've really enjoyed running club this year. We usually walk over because it is so close. Lucy hasn't run as far this year, but she has been a great help and run with her sisters. Joyce and Lydia have both run over five miles!
The other day at a local store, Katy and I noticed a ton of baby gear in the store's dumpster. Turns out they aren't allowed to sell or donate any of their display items. Katy and I liberated what we could easily grab without embarrassing ourselves.
Later that night while nearby Danny also craved the rush of stealing out of a dumpster and grabbed two strollers! Lucy was mortified.













No comments:
Post a Comment