Thursday, August 28, 2014

End of Summer

The end of summer flew by this year. One week before school started Katy got a job teaching kindergarten at Monte Gardens! It is a great school and she was so excited to get kindergarten. We spent the last week of summer cleaning and organizing her room. She really had to start from scratch so we bought fabric and borders and put them up on the walls, gave her a mascot (the A-1 Owls), laminated a million owls and put them all over the room in the form of a birthday wall, name wall etc, and went to Lakeshore Learning a million times. My kids are small saints because they just played around, watched movies or helped for several long days.

Katy opening her door for the first time!!
On Monday we celebrated my 31st birthday. That morning was the last day of running club and I had promised to help so we went and ran one last time. I'm so proud of all my girls for running all summer!
The whole running club gang.
I don't have any pictures of the day because we spent it in Katy's classroom-there was no time to lose! I think we ate at Los Panchos (my fav BCR:) before a last minute Wal Mrt run... 
That evening we ate at Roccos and had my fav pizza and then did presents and ice cream at Grandma's. I was completely spoiled. Joyce Loved handing me gifts and had this excited face each time:
Posing with some of my gifts! Love my new nerdy workout tank, this cute jacket you cant really see and the three necklaces I'm wearing:)
Here's hoping 31 is a good one!
Thes rest of the week was spent at...you guessed it...school. Even while Katy was in new teacher training we were working. You think that's Katy's signature on your welcome letter little kids? Think again!
One finished wall and newly painted cubbies!
Me and this staple gun got really comfortable with each other.
After several days like this my girls started getting crabby. They were bribed with a pony prize and awarded for their good behavior.
That last week all the kids started getting on each others nerves. Lucy created a little hideout for herself in the laundry room. She liked to get away and read her book in there. When I actually went back and saw it I almost died of the cuteness.
Two of my girls the night before school started!

No comments:

Post a Comment