After Lucy's fun birthday party the day before and an eventful week with Becca, I didn't know if I could face my twins' birthday the next day. I am still baffled that out of 365 days all three of my kids have birthdays on two consecutive days. Guess I'm glad they're not all on the SAME day though:)
Anyway, we woke up and forced cheer and enthusiasm for two cute three year olds.
We decided to go to Fairyland in Oakland to celebrate. I hadn't been since I was a little girl and while we had a pretty good time, I don't think I'll go back. There just wasn't much to do. The highlight for me was that we picked up Bake Sale Betty sandwiches on the way. We arrived and had a delicious picnic on the grounds by the mini-ferris wheel. It was perfect.
We waited in line for this little three car train forever. Fortunately the little girls thought it was awesome. Our conductor also lost track of how many loops we had done and gave us three loops instead of two-score!
The big girls went on the carosel-but it
had a height limit because the horses didn't have buckles on them. The
little girls and I were super dissappointed, but fortunately as we were
leaving we found a carousel just for little kids.
Three!

So fun to get to tote this baby around! Mom, Katy and I love taking turns carrying her around and kissing her chubby cheeks.
That night we had a Tinker Bell party. All the girls dressed up and flew around catching bubbles while Katy puyt together an epic treasure hunt. Lots of fairies came to the girls' party and there were clues to their location leading the girls all around the house. It was SUPER cute. Katy is the most creative and amazing person ever.
Before presents the girls looked around for "lost things" like a tinker fairy and decorated these fairy houses to put in the yard.
We opened presents first to get all the greediness out of the way. My mom had gotten this hook so they could act out parts of the new Pirate Fairy movie (Captain Hook is in it...although he doesn't have his hook yet...but the point is they're super into pirates) and Lydia used it to open all of her presents. She is definitely a resourceful girl.
I adore these two beautiful girls. They are best friends,great helpers, sharers, and just totally fun to have around. Two was a wonderful year-I hope three goes as smoothly!













REALLY glad you documented this one--I was so exhausted at this point that I seriously forgot all the awesome things we did! Bummed there is no pic of me smooching Lord Malori pic :(
ReplyDelete