Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sweet Baby Jane

A couple of weeks ago my mom invited me to drive with her to Utah when Becca had her baby.  I was thrilled-super excited to be there when baby Jane was born and to be with Becca through the process. Becca had a planned C section for Monday the 29th and our plan was to drive out on Saturday the 27th so we'd be there a couple days prior for last minute prep and then I'd go home the 30th-just long enough to see baby Jane through her first night. After Katy offered to babysit we decided to surprise Becca and show up at her doorstep on Friday afternoon for a whole extra day of fun. 

So when Becca called on Wednesday morning feeling lots of painful "pressure", I told her to go to labor and delivery and to NOT have the baby. I took the babies to their doctor appointment and survived twin toddler immunizations.
 Afterwards I went to my moms and we both discussed the texts we were receiving from Bec. At about 11:30 Becca said she was being monitored and dialating and that she'd likely have the C section that day.
That was when things got crazy. First Mom and I had to decide if it was feasible to leave that very afternoon to get there. I called around trying to find babysitters for the three days I had not planned on being gone. I raced home and threw everything I could think of in a sack and then raced back. We packed the car with the TONs of things we'd been planning to take to Becca, including a partially painted dresser for her nursery.  After taking my kids home and saying a very hurried goodbye Mom and I were on our way by 2 PM!
 Had to stop at In N Out first or we'd have died of starvation.
 The drive went really fast. In Fillmore we stocked up on soda and candy to keep us going. My Mom drove the WHOLE way. I kept asking her if she was tired or wanted to switch and she said she was good. My mom likes to drive-no complaints here-by 10:30 PM I was exhausted and wouldn't have been safe-Moms a trooper. I did keep her entertained with chatter and kept her diet coke refilled so I had some value on the drive.
 At 1:30 when we arrive at the hospital.
 We drove straight to the hospital and saw baby Jane. She is the cutest baby in the world. Becca's wonderful friend Celia had been with her the whole time, we were so glad she was well looked after in our absence:)
 I'm no good that late so I went home to sleep and Mom stayed at the hospital to gaze adoringly at Jane. I arrived back at about 8 AM and got my turn.
 Becca was in the hosptial for three more days. Mom and I switched off spending the nights with her and spent days switching off too.  During the day Kyle and Ruby would come hang out and I would often sneak away for a Target run or Bajio trip.
 Ruby was a big help to me as we cleaned Jane's swing and put together her dresser.


Going home!
 I felt so lucky that Jane came early so we could spend so much time with her.  She is an amazingly good baby and I loved being there during her first days.
Playing babies has had a resurgence at our house since Jane and Anna have entered the world.  My girls love their new girl cousins and talk about them constantly. Love having all these babies around to enjoy:)

2 comments:

  1. Whoa what a blogging blitz! Best day of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many cute pictures of you and Jane. I just finally did my post about it and I have NONE of you--except one of you taking a pic in the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete