Monday, August 26, 2013

30, Flirty and Nerdy!

This is the most exhaustive birthday post ever written, but I really want to remember my wonderful 30th birthday.  My family went out of their way to make this the greatest birthday ever. 

It started August 1st with Birthday Month. I've never celebrated birthday month, but after this year I think I'll start! On the first of the month Danny brought this home:

The next day there was a note on the bathroom mirror along with this card:

too true huh?! Danny did a lot of little things to make me feel special. My favorite was the morning he brought home my car freshly cleaned with the carpets shampooed-best gift ever!

My birthday was on a Sunday this year (always a bummer:) so we really celebrated all weekend. On Friday night we went to the temple with Marilyn, Steve, Jason, Lindsay and Bryce. It as so fun to go all together. Afterward we went to Habit burger and I opened the most generous gift. Marilyn was so clever and really kept to the birthday theme: 30, flirty and nerdy:) I wish we'd gotten a picture all together, it was such a fun night.
 Is it tacky to post pics of gifts? I just want to remember you know? The little Captain America is from Danny. I love the little Pop plushes of action heros-wouldn't they be cute in a little boy nursery? May never happen but I'll hang on to him just in case.

The next morning we drove out to Davis for the day. We haven't really been back since we left school four years ago, so it was really fun going to our favorite places and showing Lucy all the spots she used to love. 

We started the morning at the farmers market. They have the best one in Davis!
The farmers market is held at central park. There is a really cute little carousel that is pushed by a bicycle-only in Davis! The girls loved it.


We have lots of pictures of Danny throwing Lucy here as a baby. Now shes a big girl and it takes  a little more effort.
Danny's fav fresh apple juice and exotic pistachios:)
We walked through campus and the UC Davis bookstore then made out way to the commons for lunch. The garlic fries at Plutos were just as good as I remembered.

 When we got home that afternoon we took the kids to Grandma Karen's and Danny and I went out on a date. Driving to downtown WC Danny mentioned he was really tired and would love to just sit somewhere for a while, would I mind getting a pedicure with him? Danny loves a good pedi! So we got a walk in appointment and enjoyed some pampering-I was unprepared and had to walk around downtown in these beauties:) Afterward we did a little shopping (used my Gap gift card from Marilyn!) and then saw Wolverine.
Sunday was my birthday-for real this time! We went to church and hung out at home until that evening.  Katy told me she was going to pick out dinner and dessert-and surprised me with a Dr. Who themed party! Katy started watching Dr. Who years ago and maybe two years ago got Becca into it. I rolled my eyes and thought they were nerds. Well, I've joined the club. I've only watched the first four seasons, but I am committed. 

Katy made the cutest decorations. My favorite was this giant Dalek:)

Love my cake. 10 is so cute with the adipose!
The pizzas were adorable. Not pictured: a k-9 pizza, cyberman pizza and tardis pizza-with allonsy in pepperoni:)
In full nerdy style! LOVE the three Dr. Who shirts I got:)

 The kids loved my little Daleks.
Couldn't quite blow out 30 candles-is that bad luck?

My gifts by category: 30, Flirty
and Nerdy.
I was so spoiled this year. Thanks fam for making 30 so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment