Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July haps

This post was originally titled Recent Haps-but then I got lazy and now this post seems really out of date. Still, Iwant to document some fun things we did this month.

We went to see Despicable Me @ with our Blodgett cousins and Grandma and Grandpa Leininger. The babies have now sen 2 movies in the theater and have been really good. I love movies so I have a great time taking them to the theater-it is such a thrill to Lucy still.

My picture wall is expanding! The girls love watching Super Why on my bed after naps.
During Katy's birthday week we went to Brentwood and picked peaches. I had expected it to be difficult somehow-they'd be high up or hard to find but it was easy! There were delicious peaches everywhere! Lucy loved picking them and the babies loved carrying buckets and gently placing peaches in them.




On our way home we indulged in some ice cream sandwiches-the babies first!

Mom and I went shopping at the outlets in Vacaville and afterward rewarded the kids with a carousel and train ride at the Nut Tree.


We had Camille and Elizabeth over several times to play. These three girls play so well together and they LOVE each other. Their family started to drive across country to their new home in Virginia only two days ago. We are really going to miss them.
One evening we picked up Danny from work and rode the local bus back from dinner. Who would have thought a short bus ride could be so exciting?
One Saturday Danny watched the kids all morning and let me go to garage sales with my mom and Katy.  We drove all the way to Blackhawk for a neighborhood sale. My expectations weren't particularly high but we ended up finding a TON of stuff. I got lots of great clothes and shoes for the girls and some wonderful dress ups and toys. It was like Christmas when I got home.
One Friday night we went to the Giants game with Luke, Emily, Steve and most of my nephews. I had never been to a Giants game and had a great time. Obviously the food was the best part. I still dream of those garlic fries...


Now I've finally caught up and can blog about my trip to UT!

No comments:

Post a Comment