Sunday, September 23, 2012

Big Cottonwood Canyon

This Sunday is the dedication of the Brigham City Temple. President Monson canceled church this week and encouraged people to attend a session of the dedication.  We can't take the kids so we're having a relaxing day at home. Danny let me sleep in and I didn't get up until 9:40! The babies were already taking their morning naps when I woke up-it was bliss:) 

After the babies got up from naps we decided to go on a little hike. Yesterday was the first day of fall and you could see it up in the canyon-it was beautiful! Danny found a 0.3 mile hike to a waterfall. It was even short than it sounds! We only have one hiking backpack, which I need to remedy, but we let Lydia out pretty quickly because she was quite jealous of Joyce. We each took hold of a hand and they tripped over rocks and got themselves wet. The babies loved sitting on rocks and throwing pebbles into the water.


 Lucyw as super nice and smiled for me a couple times! She told me she felt like and expert rock climber and than it was probably one of her talents (her other talent is whistling).






 There are more pictures of Joyce because she was in heaven. She is quite coordinated and could manuever around rocks really easily. She is adventurous and loved getting wet and exploring.


 This kissy face came out of nowhere! Yes, I edited the snot rather poorly:(
 Danny has a little routine with the girls where he tells them to touch their heads, then fold their arms, then rub their tummies etc. The funny thing is the girls know the routine so well they usually skip what he tells them and jump to the next direction that they know is coming. It is a cute little thing Daddy does with them.

We had a really fun day. Now the babies are asleep and Danny and I are going to enjoy some Doc Martin on Netflix. I know, you wouldn't think it would be our favorite show but it is. We're addicted to it. It instantly brings peace and contentment-both of which sound pretty nice right?

1 comment:

  1. Sun fun!!! The girls all look like they are having such a good time.(mom)

    ReplyDelete