Tuesday, September 11, 2012

16 Months

Danny looked at me yesterday and told me how much he LOVES this age. I agree, 16 months is so much fun. I feel like the babies have really changed this month. All of a sudden they have tons of teeth, their hair is getting long and thick, they chat with us, give hugs and kisses and really play! It is amazing to see their little brains work-I feel like they are constantly learning and coming in to their own personality.

 Both girls have recently discovered TV. They used to just ignore it while Lucy watched her two shows in the morning, but lately they have plopped down on the couch to watch next to her.  I let all three girls watch Baby Signing Times, one of our favorite little videos, and they LOVE it. Lydia will do the sign for baby as soon as she hears the music and often when she wants me to turn it on for her.  As a result both girls can do quite a few signs. They  regularly sign "more", "all done" and "please" along with some others.  Unfortunately I already feel the TV guilt (thy are so young!) so I'm trying to curtail everyone's TV watching now (much to Lucy's distress).

I was rereading a blog post about Lucy at 16 months and it made me realize that these babies are definitely second/third children. I had listed all the words Lucy could say at that age and I don't think the babies say any real words yet! They still say Dada for Danny and Mommy or Mama for me...but I think that's it! The sad thing is that I'm not even sure...I need to listen to them more:)

Joyce is a firecracker. She has lots of energy and loves to explore and discover new things. She is a Momma's girl and loves to be held. Lately she is a bit unpredictable.  When she gets frustrated or doesn't get what she wants she melts down quickly and will throw some serious tantrums.  Unfortunately she lashes out and windmills her arms so as to hurt whoever is near her. This is new to me so we'll see how I'm still figuring out how to handle it:) Alternatively, she loves to give hugs and does the cutest little side hug.  She can be such a little ham, getting attention by giving hugs, kisses and doing her princess wave.  She absolutely loves shoes and I'm pretty sure she can say that word.  She especially enjoys wearing Lucy's dress up shoes, Mom's shoes and her squeaky shoeShe loves gold fish crackers, hugging her bunny, stealing food from mom and eating off the floor after she has thrown all her food off her tray.


Lydia is easy going and happy.  She is a tough cookie. I have seen her get hurt several times this week and shes just gazed at the wound, made a little  "Ow" noise, and kept playing. She has a funny little mullet that reminds me of Becca's childhood mullet and thus makes them look more alike to me.  She is a screamer. Not crying screams, just funny little yells when she wakes up so that I know she's awake-they are actually really cute. She is not quite as coordinated as her sister and still walks with one leg straightened sometimes-it looks very funny.  She loves putting things in her mouth, her binkie, having a second binkie in her hand, stuffed animals, apple juice and her own belly button.



These girls are so funny. It is so fun to see them start to interact more.  They play together, fight over toys, hug each other, feed each other. Twins are a riot.




1 comment:

  1. I love seeing my twins interact! It is so fun. Your girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete