Last week was a little unique because Marilyn and Steve came to visit for a few days. We had such a fun time together. We ate yummy food, went on walks and played with babies. On Thursday we went down to Provo and got to hang out at BYU. I love the Provo mountains in the fall, it was so beautiful. I really like going back to BYU to visit. We went to the Museum of Art cafe for lunch, had Creamery ice cream in the Wilk, explored the bookstore (where we found a cute Merida poster for Lucy's room), and played in the fountain of the new (well, new when I was leaving) Humanities building (I'm starting to forget my acronyms...what is that building called?!). We had so much fun seeing Bryce and reminiscing.
On Saturday they had to go home but we squeezed in a fun visit to the natural history museum up here. It is a really cool museum. There were lots of interactive things that kept Lucy's (and my and Grandma's) attention.They even had a kids area that the babies loved. We'll definitely go back before we leave Salt Lake.
We said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa after a yummy lunch at the Blue Lemon at City Creek. The next day we had a regional conference at the Conference Center. We debated whether we should actually go (the babies are at a tricky age for church right now. Nursery is coming soon...). We decided to go. Well, it was a wild morning trying to park and situate ourselves with easy access to the door. Danny walked the girls around until it started and Joyce fell on the marble floor and cut her lip up. Danny returned to me with blood all over his white shirt. As the music started and both girls were squirming I looked at Danny and mumbled, "This was a huge mistake." We were proud that we lasted a whole hour, but unfortunately I couldn't tell you what the two talks we heard were about. We left and enjoyed how beautiful temple square is on our way to the car. Then Joyce completely lost it and that ended our day:)




LOVE the outfits! The girls look so grown up. I can tell it's been too long since I have seen (hugged) them! (mom) I've given up on having my own name show up on my computer. I give in to the power of Katy--plus, I can't get into your blog yet on my own name!
ReplyDelete