Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ruby turns 2

After taking a total of 4 pictures thus far in September, I took 205 in the last two days.  We had a great time celebrating Ruby's birthday.  On her birthday she came up to Salt Lake to hang out with us for the day.  Becca and I selfishly did fun errands, but the kids also got to play and Ruby got to open her presents from us and Grandma Karen and blow out some candles.

Lucy creates all of my wrapping paper. This is a picture of her and Ruby.
 We had a gift theme this year: Hello Kitty. Here she is sporting her new Hello Kitty backpack and lunchbox
Grandma Karen got her this super warm winter coat. It was hot in my house and Ruby wore it as long as she could stand it. 
 

 On Lucy's 2nd birthday Becca made her an Elmo fleece blanket. For Ruby's birthday I opted for Hello Kitty.

The next day Becca and I threw a friend birthday party for her.  We drove down really early and set up a Yo Gabba Gabba party. These are the cute character balloons. I cut out a lot of eye balls between the balloons and Muno cups.
 I made this Brobee cutout and Kaity provided the Polaroid camera. The kids got a kick out of shaking their pictures around and waiting for the image to appear. The odler girls spurned the unibrow:( Afterward we played pin the flower on Foofa.

 This was my baby. I made this pinata over the week and love his face. I knew I'd be sad when we took a bat to his face. Without any trees around Alan was kind to be my tree. Surprisingly he was not hurt in the pinata breaking process.

 All the kids gave it a goo hard whack and, since it was made from a box, my pinata showed no signs of damage.  Many of the adults gave it a try. Kyle really thrashed it, but even after we tore a whole in the side it showed no signs of giving.  Eventually I ripped him open and dumped him out. Poor Brobee.


 Ruby blew out her candle and we enjoyed colorful cupcakes with Gabba rings on them.

Ruby was given some wonderful gifts. I love her face in this picture-so excited about an Elmo guitar from Grandma Barbara!
 

3 comments:

  1. SO great to have so many pictures of the fun days! Thanks for posting them all. You and Becca could go into the party business! I LOVE all the YGG accoutrements. It looks like you had SO much fun!! (mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, you are freaking awesome. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! This fills my heart with so much happiness. It looks like it was an amazing party!

    ReplyDelete