Friday, March 2, 2012

10 Months


My babies are in the double digits!  With Lucy I felt like ten months was OLD.  She was such a big girl with so much personality (she was walking so that made her feel extra big too).  Ten months with my twins feels different. They are such little babies still-and I want to keep them that way. That said, they are not lacking in personality:)
My babies at ten months:

Joyce:




Joyce is a cuddly and she is very attached to me. She would love it if I held her all day long. As it is, she is held only 75% of the time.  She can get very jealous when I hold Lydia or give anyone else too much attention. That said, she is fun to hold because she nuzzles me with her neck and gives me lots of affection.  She laughs the most often, especially at Lucy's funny faces and antics.  She is very ticklish and has a tiny dimple that pops out on the lower corner of her mouth. While she likes to always know where I am, she can be very adventurous and likes to explore. When she's tired she scratches and pulls her hair behind her left ear. She doesn't often smile at strangers or people she doesn't know very well with the exception of Uncle Jason who she beams at and finds hilarious. She is a big talker, usually repeating "da da da da da da da":) She is constantly trilling with her lips, sputtering and getting spit everywhere.  I adore her cheeks.

Lydia:

searching for binkies



Lydia is my outgoing girl. When I pick her up in the morning she beams at me, but then looks excitedly at the door. While I'm trying to get her to smile at me again (because it is such a gorgeous smile-I can't get enough of it) she wants to get going and see what is going on.  She has so many different smiles- and every one expresses a different emotion for her-it is so fun to figure out what each one means. She has an incredibly long tongue and clucks it constantly.  She loves to play and explore and doesn't care as much if mom is present. She LOVES her binkie. I usually only give binkies in the car or at bedtime but Lydia will find them and hoard them.  I've walked in on her with a binkie in her mouth and one in each hand.  If Joyce has a binkie and she doesn't she will ruthlessly go up and yank it out of Joyce's mouth, even if she already has one in her own mouth-it is a source of entertainment around here:) She has just learned to replace the binkie back in Joyce's mouth after taking it. She thinks she is so funny.

Now the details so I remember:
Both girls can stand alone for awhile, but neither can quite stand up from a sitting or kneeling position yet. Both girls also have two bottom teeth and are getting in their two upper canines. They're looking like jack-o-lanterns right now:)
Sleeping: We are still on a 7pm to 7am schedule. They are great sleepers- I was much better at training them then I was with Lucy. I lay them down in their sleep sacks, say I love you, walk out and they angelically fall asleep. Nap times are the same but they occasionally have a harder time settling down and I have to go in and put a binkie in. During naps they sleep in different rooms so Joyce usually sleeps in the pac n play in the laundry room downstairs ( luckily she's too young to realize it is kind if a creepy room:)

Eating: I feed both girls at the same time. Lately I have to push their seats apart because Joyce loves grabbing the arm of Lydia's bib and yanking.  Joyce is also a spitter- so I often leave mealtimes covered in orange goop. I was making my own baby food in CA, but have been buying it since we moved to UT. We had been told there was a microwave in the house so we didn't bring our own, but it turns out there isn't one here and I hate to spend money on a microwave so we have been living without one-it has been remarkably easy:)

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your posts about the girls. They make me feel like someone else understands me a little! And I love the eating pictures since my babies have the same chairs and same bibs! They're adorable! I love it when the personalities start to come out, so fun!

    ReplyDelete