Tuesday, February 14, 2012

L.O.V.E.

When my sisters and I were little we were asked to sing at church and activities pretty often. Not because we were any good mind you, but usually because my mom was the leader of an organization and it was easier to make us sing during a program than ask someone else. I think we sang the same song at every baptism in 1993. Anyway, we were asked to sing for the adult session of stake conference one year. It was a spelling song. "H-U-G means time to go to bed, night-night. D-A-D says I love you and squeeze me tight" etc. etc. Well, I was never a good speller and it took some serious thought to figure that song out. The last line was "The most important is L-O-V-E that spells Family." Well, that was a very long intro to what love means to me.  I love and adore Danny and each of my girls.

This year we celebrated Valentines with a Saturday family date. "Family" because we couldn't find a babysitter:) We drove to Provo and went to all of the places we have significant memories of while we were dating/engaged.  First stop was the spot where Danny and Jared Collette serenaded me on the night we got engaged

then we walked over the the Maiser building where Danny proposed. Danny reenacted his proposal and I was swept off my feet for the second time:)

We drove up to Rock Canyon and went on a little hike. We used to hike up there a lot when we were engaged and newly married. On one occasion we picked a favorite spot and told ourselves we would come back to that spot whenever we visited Provo. We looked ahead and imagined what our future lives would hold...we were just as corny back then as we are now:) This is the first time we've been back-seven years and three children later. 

After our reminicing we went to my favorite place for lunch-Bajios. Oh how I love Bajios!

We finished our day with a trip to The Chocolate. A cute dessert cafe Becca and Kyle introduced us to in Orem. Their salted carmel brownie is the best thing in the world. I dream about it...

Valentines day is not usually one to the holidays I care very much about, but this year we decorated about a month early so the anticipation has been building. Yesterday was Lucy's preschool party and we decorated sugar cookies with the Blodgetts, so we got the celebrating started early. Today we are celebrating by hanging out with Becca and Ruby-our favortie thing to do.  Later we will go out to eat with Danny at our traditional Valentine's restaurant: Arby's.  We ate there on our first Valentines day when everywhere else in Provo was packed and we hadn't gotten any reservations. It has been our place ever since:)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE a walk down memory lane with you guys! Thanks for all the photos--I can hardly wait to hug you all in just a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete