Tuesday, March 13, 2012

California!

One of the nice things about the U (never thought I'd say that!) is that they have a spring break. On Friday we drove to California to enjoy a week of vacation. Becca and Ruby hitched a ride as well.  The drive went pretty well considering we had four kids, three of them under two years old. We've spent the first couple of days at my parents house. This was Lucy's reception when we arrived:



 On Saturday we went to one of Danny's favorite eateries in Oakland-Bake Sale Betty's. Their fried chicken sandwiches are freakishly good. It is a tiny place so they have ironing boards with stools set up on the sidewalk to eat on. Afterwards we went to Fentons for dessert-my swiss milk chocolate was so good...



Last night we celebrated Danny's birthday a little early with my family and grandparents.  My kids are lucky to still have three great-grandparents on my side. Danny entertained us by doing 29 pushups (his upcoming age) with two heavy weights on his back too.


My favorite thing about this trip has been our green hills. CA hasn't had much rain this year but it is still gorgeous.  I know everyone probably feels like their home is the most beautiful place in the world- but I do too. The air just feels different here. I have loved being home.

Last night we enjoyed the warmer weather at the park.








2 comments:

  1. I feel that way about home too. I love the green hills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like the 4th or 5th time I've looked at these pics. What a fun time we had with you guys all here.
    green fields are gone now....

    ReplyDelete