On Sunday Danny turned 29!
We celebrated with both our families on our trip to CA so our plans for his actual birthday were really low key-or so he thought!! I have never thrown a surprise party, but being in UT surrounded by some of Danny's best friends and many of our siblings I decided to give it a try.
I sent out invites, everyone was able to come, and then I stressed about it for WEEKS. I don't think I'm a very good liar, so I was really nervous I would give it away. I was also anxious about the logisitcs-getting Danny out of the house and then back again. Thankfully Danny's good buds Jared and Bubba helped me out with that. On Saturday they picked him up around 3:30 (while Becca, Kyle and Ruby circled the neighborhood waiting for him to leave:). I had cleaned the house days before and was just trying to maintain it so as not to give the secret away. So all day I had lounged around, acting like I had nothing else to do. Well, Danny left and I started running. Becca arrived and thankfully Kyle watched all the children in the basement because we worked like crazy fiends cooking, cleaning and decorating. Our guests arrived all too soon and I answered the door in my sweatpants. Fortunately we got everything done and had lots of help with everything.
Danny was supposed to come home at 5:30-he thought we were going to eat with Bubba and Jordan and then leave our kids with them while we went to see the Hunger Games (which I was a bit sad we weren't actually seeing:) Everyone hid and we shut all the blinds when they were driving down the road. When he came in you can see him register surprise when he saw the decorations and then real surprise when everyone jumped out. I'm so glad he was surprised:)
This is my ha-ha-I'm-so-sneaky-I-really-got-you face
It was a nice night so we brought our food outside and had a fun time hanging out. This is the smaller of the trees Conner climbed.
Then the games began. There was a small game of capture the flag and lots of showing off:)
When the party started winding down Becca and Kyle surprised us by staying and babysitting for us while we went to the late show of Hunger Games. It was SO NICE of them-we had a great time.
Did I mention that all this time Danny had a double ear infection and strep throat? Well, he was only diagnosed today-but had been feeling awful all week. Sunday was his actual birthday and he stayed in his jammies all day trying to get better. That evening we sang to him (all three songs) and he opened his presents. He got new underwear and a tea pot. Only Danny would be completely thrilled with these gifts. It was a great weekend-happy birthday Danny!


What fun!!! Danny has such fun friends and it looks like you had a smashing party. Wish we could have been hanging out with you--okay not like you need old people at your cool party! How is it that the babies have changed their look so much. I HATE being this far away.....
ReplyDelete