Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine

Happy Day after Valentines Day! I woke up on V Day planning on writing a sweet little "I love you" post for Danny (especially since I had completely forgotten to even write him a note). He was already driving to work and Lucy was lounging in front of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It takes me a minute to get out of bed these days, I have to grunt, throw my body to one side then sit on the edge of the bed for awhile to make sure I'm steady. I'm not that big yet, but I guess it takes awhile for my head to remember there is a bunch of extra weight out in front of me.  I started to find some cute pics of Danny, but then my mom came to pick us up for a fun day out. The instant she walked in she said it smelled heavily of gas. Great. Our little house has an ancient stove and range that looks cute and retro but frequently makes us smell gas fumes. I had been sucking in this air all night so didn't notice it.  After checking to make sure we hadn't left the gas on, I left and hoped for the best (not the smartest thing, but oh well.) We had a fun day doing errands and making Lucy a new blanket for her bed.  Coming home that night with Danny we entered the house to serious fumes.  Danny called PG&E and I shut myself in my room with the windows open so my babies could breath some clean air. Thank heavens PG&E is freakishly prompt and in thirty minutes he declared our oven hazardous, took the gas levels in the house and said we just had to air out for awhile, we didn't have to leave the house.  Anyway, I tell you this to explain why I am posting my V Day post on February 15. I love Danny every day of the year-so it doesn't really matter.

I Love Danny Leininger.

Here he is when I met him. We hiked Half Dome with some members of our ward. We have no pictures together-just with the parent we went with. We talked along the trail and I thought he was the most attractive man Id ever seen. At the end of the hike we drove home together-we both sat in the back seat. I remember saying a prayer of gratitude that when I took off my hat after the hike-my hair looked cute. How does that happen?! No hat hair? No sweaty hat lines? Nope-we were meant to be:)


Do I have a single picture of us dating? yes-one single picture that I need to scan. Sad but true. I guess its because we were "going on dates" for about three weeks-so its awkward to take pics together in that phase. Then we were "dating" (aka "going on dates AND kissing") for only two or three weeks before we hit the "engaged" title. I guess we were too busy kissing to have anyone snap a pic of us:) Then all of the sudden, we were getting married!


Now we've had six years to travel, finish school, have a baby, move five times, each gain and lose about 30 lbs(pregnancy and cancer will do that to you!), and get pregnant with twins. We have a fresh start this year with our little house, new babies and new jobs.  Happy V Day Danny!




2 comments:

  1. It's been forever since I've commented on your blog, but I have to say that you two are a beautiful couple. So good to See Danny so healthy looking. Love you guys and think the world of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet recap of your lives together thus far! Isn't it amazing all that can happen in just 6 years?? So glad that gas fiasco got cleared up, scary!

    ReplyDelete