Monday, January 31, 2011

a month ago...

Becca and I were talking about how since we made blog books (she got one for her birthday of her first year of blogging and I made one ages ago) our blogs have changed. Suddenly, I rarely write and feel like I have to document all the big events and special occasions. For some reason the pressure of that keeps me from blogging the daily stuff. That, or I just have nothing to say, which is frequently the case too. I'm always surprised when I read a blog about a pregnant girl and she manages to write something daily about her pregnancy. It took me almost a week to come up with the first paragraph of my post yesterday! While I want to document it, I feel great- what else is there to say? Anyway, in an effort to document, at least with photos, here is our Christmas one month late.

Before Christmas we lived at my house and played all day. Lucy loved decorating the tree (check out the crazy dressup from GG!) and making a gingerbread house with Aunt Becca.






On Christmas Eve we went the the Leiningers. We took BART to the embarcadero and enjoyed lunch at the ferry building and some ice skating (well, I took pictures:) Lucy had never been before, but was super excited and had a terrific time. She wasn't afraid to fall and even fell on purpose several times to show us she could.  We had an incredible time. We also went into the Sheraton and saw "snow" fall.









Christmas morning Lucy was thrilled to see a Rapunzel doll. I'm afraid her hair totally grosses me out-but Lucy didn't want it braided (sick) so it is now a ratty mess of hair. She loves it though:) We had a fun Christmas morning at the Leiningers and then went to the Andersons for a second Christmas morning (they always wait until we get there to open the presents) and had a great time.



 This is what Ruby did while we opened presents:)

After Christmas we spent a week at the Leiningers with all of the siblings and cousins. I hardly saw Lucy for days while she was having a blast playing with her cousins upstairs. As a result I hardly took any pictures of all the fun-but I did catch Lucy and Camille doing a ballet show.



We also had a great day taking a ferry to Pier 39.



Like usual, we were totally spoiled this year. We had so much fun and were able to see all of our family. Danny's fam helped us paint the interior of our house amidst all the fun, so after everyone went home we decided to finally move into our little house. Next post needs to be a tour!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a tour is definitely in order! haha. Super fun pictures. Glad you were spoiled. You guys have had a rough time of it, eh? So where exactly are you now?

    ReplyDelete