When I finally found my camera cord in a box the other day I realized I hadn't downloaded any pictures since Halloween. That isn't too bad because I didn't take a single picture in November-there wasn't much happening in my line of sight from the couch:) Then I took several hundred in December. While annoying, I'm going to try and catch up a bit for the future blog book.
For Halloween Lucy was Princess Belle. My mom had bought the costume earlier in the month and given it to her early. She wore it every day in October! That meant when Halloween finally rolled around, half the glitter off the skirt was on our couch and the sheer netting was practically falling off. I was able to do some little alterations so it looked presentable-but we didn't play it very fancy this year. (although she loved her beautiful gloves and brought along a fan for extra fanciness).
We spent Halloween night with my cousins, Grandma Joyce and Katy (she had arrived that morning to help when I got my cerclage). Danny made some delicious vegetable soup and I provided the cuban bread. Danny loves dressing up for Halloween but doesn't like to think about his costume in advance. For example, this is what I came home to on Halloween in 2005:
He was cooking dinner for me and decided he couldn't stand not doing anything for Halloween, so he improvised a Zorro costume. Well this year as we were walking out the door he grabbed a broom, taped his glasses and asked me to give him a lightening scar with my eyeliner. He makes an adorable Harry Potter.
Trick or Treating was funny this year. Lucy was very good at asking for candy and saying thank you and then she'd run down the path, throw her arms out wide and yell "Mom! I did SUCH A GOOD JOB!" We had families following us around the block to see this happen after every house-they thought it was hysterical. I hope that excitement lasts a couple more years:)
No comments:
Post a Comment