Thursday, January 20, 2011

Perspective and Pregnancy

I haven't been a very good blogger/journal writer for awhile, but I just wanted to read something quick before going to bed-so I read some of my own blog.  Last summer I wrote a little bit about my experience with IVF the day before I took my first pregnancy test. I almost cried for myself-which sounds weird to type out.  I vividly remember writing that post and feeling so many different emotions, and now reading it I just wanted to protect my former self and give her a little heads up. I want to give her some of my perspective and save myself the incredible sorrow I felt.  Here I am reading it with two little girls inside me.  Now I'm glad that little embryo decided not to stay, because I feel strongly that we are supposed to have two.  We've had a pretty long period of doubt, confusion and fear and I feel like things are finally righting themselves.

So speaking of pregnancy-I just hit the 24 week mark.  I feel awesome-I love my round tummy and love feeling the girls move. They are moving more and more these days. In fact, at my last sonogram the technician caught them kicking each other. At one point Baby B kicked Baby A right in the bum! I hope they don't come out bruised:) I have gotten some leg cramps that leave me limping around, but that is my only complaint-well, other then Danny saying I waddle around which is totally not true-limping looks a lot like waddling.

 I haven't reported back but right before Christmas I saw the perinatologist and he gave me the go ahead to live a normal life-standing and walking! My cervix was looking awesome and he explained that bed rest and cerclage basically do the same thing-so why risk the cerclage if you're going to lie down? I said "bless you" and have lived a normal life since then. It has been amazing. I'm afraid I have no sympathy for the average pregnant girl because this is awesome.  Being mobile has taken a huge stress off of us. It may not last the whole pregnancy-but I am going to enjoy this time as long as I can. I took a tummy shot when Becca was here (I hardly took any with Lucy since I was laying down and wish I had). So here I am barely at 18 weeks.
 I think I was this size at 30 weeks with Lucy:)
Here I am at 24 weeks.
(coming with Dr. update)

2 comments:

  1. You are the cutest pregnant girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to give her some of my perspective and save myself the incredible sorrow I felt."

    I love this thought! I think next time I'm really sad and I feel like everything is going wrong, I'll try to think of a future, happier me wishing he could show me how great things will turn out in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete