Monday, December 20, 2010

The week before Christmas

We have had so much fun playing with Becca, Katy and Ruby. My camera cord must be packed in a box somewhere in my garage, so unfortunately all the great pics I'm capturing wont be accessible until we unpack-and I have no idea when that will actually be. Thankfully we've snapped a couple with Mom's camera. This week we fed Ruby, changed Ruby, made Ruby smile and smooched her all over:




How adorable is that child? I swear she is the prettiest baby I have ever seen-the pics don't do her justice. She is also an incredibly easy baby. She plays and coos and eventually squeaks because she's hungry.  We adore her. Lucy has loved having a baby around. She has told us that she is Ruby's big sister. When I explained that they were cousins she told me that they had to be sisters because she has a big sister shirt (I got her when we got pregnant) and she loved Ruby sooooo much.  Lucy is a great helper with the baby. She is always there to help us get burp clothes, toys etc and loves putting Ruby's binkie in. She also likes reading her stories and stroking her head-she'd stroke and kiss her face, eyeballs and everything else if I'd let her! I'm very glad she is getting some practice before we have two babies around here.


This week Lucy also got to spend a lot of time in Grandma Karen's kindergarten classroom. I think we were there three times this week and Lucy now has her own spot on the carpet and a desk to work at! She used to be tentative around the big kindergardeners-but she looks like one of them now! She listened to stories during carpet time, made her own gingerbread house, did her math worksheets and read a story as a group during reading time. She likes to participate and raises her hand as she shouts out what she thinks is interesting information to the class and grandma. It is really cute to watch her interact with the big kids on that level-but also kind of sad-she acts/looks so grown up! Thankfully she has a whole year of preschool before she leaves me for school.

I have loved standing up for this week! It has completely changed how I look at events and do things.  My next appointment is Wednesday and I am really hoping I can be normal for a little bit longer.  I feel really good-so that has been nice. People tell me I'm not that big too-although at barely 20 weeks I should hope not! I feel big though and am in that awkward stage where I bump my stomach into things because I forget how big it is-or maybe thats because I've hardly walked around with a tummy yet!  I am feeling the girls move a lot more-so this whole thing is feeling pretty real now. Guess I should start looking for twin books and figure out how this is actually going to work! Anyway, cross your fingers for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment