Thursday, January 27, 2011

25 weeks and then some

So I finally remembered to have Danny take a pic of my tummy.


We went on a little walk over the weekend-can I tell you that I LOVE that it is January and 65 degrees?! Winter is over around here!  So things are good. Saw the perinatologist last week and my cervix looks awesome. He told me not to expect that for too much longer because these girls are going to start gaining weight now, but not to be worried because everything is right on schedule.  I am feeling great-which is awesome. I don't think I look very big yet, but I still manage to forget my tummy is there and bump into random things/try to squeeze through spaces there is no way I can get through. I have had an awesome 2nd trimester so far. Oh, except for the shingles. Yes, I have had a rash on my tummy that I ignored for about a week and then it seriously started itching. At my appointment the doctor confirmed it is shingles-which is just the chicken pox virus resurfacing when your body is under intense stress. Thankfully the anti-biotics have started helping and I'm not quite so itchy-I have heard that shingles are incredibly painful-so I feel lucky that I avoided a bad case.

In other news we are 89% moved in to our little house. We have lived here a week and I have decided that I LOVE it. I love the feel of it. It is small-so we can set the thermostat to 67 and it stays nice and toasty. I love having a garage-so I can run out to the car to get something and feel safe. I love having a garbage can and recycling bin just outside the side door. I love our new dresser:

The pic is from when we first dragged it into the house-I wish I had taken a before pic. The guy that owns our house had this dresser outside in his shed-it had old rusty pulls on it and was in the original wood. It has a pretty serious crack down one side of it-but I thought the piece was too cute to take to the dumpster-so for about $40 we turned it into this! I love the bright color and think it turned out really cute. I'll have to post some pics when we get all the pictures hung, but our little house is feeling homey and cute.

2 comments:

  1. You did such a good job on the dresser! That's the kind of thing craft bloggers post about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the dresser! That is the exact color I would have done it, too. So...we should do lunch next time you are in Utah. I would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete