Thursday, January 13, 2011

Last days in Irvine

It feels like we left Irvine so fast.  One day we thought we'd be there forever (or at least a couple of years) and the next we were packing up again! Looking back I'm not sure how we physically managed it. Danny was in charge of everything and did a fantastic job taking care of us and moving. In the last days we were there Lucy got to spend a lot of time with her best friend Zara. The only thing I was sad about leaving in Irvine was Zara and her awesome family. A couple days before we left Melanie and I took the girls to have their picture taken with the UC Irvine Anteater. They were taking free pics in the bookstore so we got there kind of early in case lots of kids showed up. Instead, lots of adults showed up! Our girls were the only kids in line. Lucy and Zara decided they were best friends the first time they met and really loved playing together.  I'm glad we have a memento of their friendship.



 So, how creepy is that Anteater? They took a second shot after putting the face mask up a bit, but I didn't get it...definitely creepy.

Just for fun here is a pic Lucy drew of herself with baby Ruby:

2 comments:

  1. Lucy is so stikin' cute! I love the picture she drew. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, I'm so sorry you have to move yet again after so many moves..but it sounds like it's for the best. Okay so you have to fill me in with what Danny is doing for work/school? Glad you found a house and family sure is a blessing, thank goodness for the extra two weeks of being up. Your family is in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete