Monday, August 9, 2010

Moving!

This past weekend my mom, Lucy and I drove down to Irvine and picked up keys to our new apartment.  We didn't bring too much to unpack, this was mostly a trip to scout out the apartment and check out what will fit inside. Seeing it, I'm actually very excited. Its on the bottom floor, facing an open space and is larger than what we've been used to.  At the same time, it was hard to be in an apartment again-stark white walls, neighbor noise.  It is handicapped accessible as well-which means my cabinets and counters are really low, my hallways are wide, one of the bathrooms is HUGE (and the door opens out= annoying) and there are tons of outlets-all generally good things.
We spent several days down there shopping for house things, airing out the apt, and putting shelf liners in the kitchen. This is what Lucy did most of the trip (check out my old school TV). She was a very good helper. When she wasn't helping us move in she was riding her new princess scooter back and forth between us "checking" on each of us while we worked.

We pick up the moving van on Thursday, drive down on Friday, move in on Saturday and drive home again on Sunday.  Hopefully we'll be able to get some boxes unpacked over the weekend. We will not actually be living there until the end of the month due to my current IVF cycle.
I've really been looking forward to moving and starting things fresh in Irvine. I have found it hard to start packing up though. We have really relied on our families up here. My mom entertains Lucy through all of sacrament meeting and Lucy really looks forward to her special church toys Grandma brings. Lucy and Marilyn have sewing time, tea parties and game time just about every day. She looks forward to going home to both grandma's houses and telling them about her day. I'm going to actually have to cook, clean, grocery shop etc and not rely on Marilyn for everything. Danny and I have willing babysitters on hand whenever we need them. What will we do with out them?

2 comments:

  1. What will do I without you? That is the question. Although the bishopric will probably notice that I pay more attention in Sacrament meeting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I got a big pit in my stomach thinking about the upcoming adjustment you have to make. After living at the in-laws house every summer I can totally relate to readjusting to cooking,cleaning, watching your own children....good luck! It will be great though. New beginnings!

    ReplyDelete