Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I LOVE PEETA

This morning Katy, Lucy and I stood in line and Costco just waiting for the doors to open. I looked around at our competition and decided to forgo the cart so we could have more speed. Katy put Lucy on her shoulders, the door slowly rose and we speed walked our way to the book section. Then we noticed no one was behind us and most people were going to Costco early for the good parking and other goods.They don't know what they're missing!
I picked up the first copy of Mockingjay. (There was only one little stack of them-crazy. Other crazy thing-they were ten bucks at Costco in hard copy. I couldn't believe how cheap!)

Katy got the second.

It was exhilierating. I ran off to get something and left Katy like this:
Now we're home, Cars is on and I have an hour and a half of uninterrupted reading to do.

5 comments:

  1. This might be your BEST BLOG POST EVER. I saw the title and started giggling. I wish I was with you guys! Umm...I can't tell you how excited I am. AND CONCERNED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to Costco in T minus 60 minutes. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUST got home from work--5.5 hours of enforced NOT-READING. I taunted myself with it during my paltry ten minute break and really only made things worse. Anyway now I am free til like 4 pm tomorrow, so I will see you kids LATER, I have a PEETA to go MAKE OUT WITH. IN WORDS. IN MY MIND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am anxiously waiting for the first day of school to be done so I can snag Katy's copy and read it myself! Becca--have you got a copy yet?? If not, GO GET ONE AT COSTCO. Velocity will benefit from your happy mindset. I will send you the $10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought three at nearly one a.m. on the 24th - so happy to have the book here. Ignored all my grad school work to read it-- totally worth it. Hope you loved it!

    ReplyDelete