Lucy has needed a haircut for awhile- most days she looks like a ragamuffin with tangled hair in her face. I have been meaning to cut it for awhile-but Lucy LOVES her long hair. She talks about it all the time. She loves my long hair too-and can get mad when I put it up. This made a short, summer cut difficult. You may remember her last (and first) haircut. She was sad for days about it!
Well, yesterday Becca and I took her in. I had prepped her for days-haircuts actually make your hair grow thicker and longer, everybody gets haircuts, you'll get a lollipop afterward (yes I bribe.) We took her to a cute kid hair salon which was fun because they had Cars (her favorite movie) on when we walked in-instant success. When it was her turn she chose to hop on the carousel horse and was very good while her hair was cut.
Only when they took her bib off did she freak out. She cried for the next ten minutes saying "me want LONG HAIR!" Not even TWO lollipops could console her.
She eventually forgot about it, but would remember whenever she saw anyone new. Danny tried to console her. Today she is a bit happier about it. I think it is adorable. I would probably have gone shorter if she wasn't so weird about her hair:) She looks so grown up! Today we're getting pictures taken-so now the bribery switches to M&Ms (one per smile. Don't hassle me-it works!).
It looks freakishly adorable--and her pictures today were so cute and SO FUN. I love her new hair.
ReplyDeleteOh man.. I totally bribe too.. I don't care what anyone says about it. If it works, it works! Have fun and good luck with the pictures! Lily still thinks that if she smiles at me, she'll get a treat... ha ha ha
ReplyDelete