Last week was my 27th birthday. I woke up to a very loud "Happy Birthday Mommy!" (with some pretty funny inflection). Danny worked really hard to make it a fun day-unfortunately he got strep throat (or more accurately it never left him. That poor guy has had it for almost three weeks-the first time the antibiotics didn't kill it all the way so it came back-awful). I decided that instead of some other fun activities I'd like to read my book that morning (partly to let the poor guy rest-partly because that sounded really fun). That afternoon I dragged him downtown for a movie and stroll. That evening we had a little party at my parents. Lucy surprised me by singing the whole verse to our Swedish birthday song (my family sings three birthday songs before we can blow out the candles. It takes awhile.) Danny also surprised me with a group jeopardy game all about me. I didn't know some of the answers:) I was surprised how many quetions my grandparents anwswered correctly. I was also surprised my mom didn't know the favorite candy bar of my youth(j/k mom). It was a great day. Here is about the only decent picture we took all day of me with my new backpack beach chairs-I'm very excited about them.
Please tell me you have video documentation of Lucy singing our Swedish song. And send it to me!
ReplyDeleteButterfinger, right? Preferences I remember from your youth: Coke-flavored Slurpees, Butterfingers, and your dream of a swimming pool of Dr. Pepper.
ReplyDelete