Thursday, November 12, 2009

Relief Week at LAST!



We are so excited that it is relief week. Although we shouldn't be planning on only doing six cycles, we are HOPING so much that it is hard not to feel like we're hitting the end. Either way, we need a break. I forget that while this week can be hard emotionally, it is so nice that Danny is more himself. Yesterday we went on a Veterans Day outing with my parents. We went to the outlets for a little sale shopping (Danny slept in the car). Lucy is quite the shopper. She was putting outfits together and finding "super cute!" clothes for herself. After a little shopping we took Lucy to the Nuttree where they have a cute little train and carousel. She wanted Grandpa to go with her and had a great time.





Then we indulged my Dad and drove all the way to Davis for the Habit-his favorite burger place. Danny and I were surprisingly emotional just being in Davis where we have so many memories. We loved that cute town and all the people we knew there and miss it.
After coming home and taking naps, Lucy got her first hair cut! We went to our family hairdresser Lynn-who gave me my first haircut. Lucy was really excited-we had prepped her-but got freaked out when we got there-she has been scared of strangers lately. So she sat on my lap and watched her favorite Princess sing along (thank heavens I brought the little DVD player) sucking a lollypop and did fine . I was unexpectedly sad at the thought of cutting off her cute little curls, but I was too busy keeping her happy to care when we got there. She looks SO CUTE.

I love it, she looks like such a big kid now! She didn't like it first as you'll see in the video...


The best part of the day was that Danny and Lucy got to play together after dinner (yes, I cried from joy). We switched up some of the rugs around the house and Lucy decided that the living room rug looked like a magic carpet (from Aladdin). Danny played Aladdin and Lucy was Jasmine (wearing a Sleeping Beauty dress). It was so fun.
(this videos a little long)

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that it is relief week for Danny. I'm HOPING with you too that Danny only has to do six cycles. Either way, the end will be here before you know it!

    Stay strong,
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I just sat and cried tears of joy through that aladdin video. I'm so glad you have having a nice relief week; you guys have earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that is so sweet! I cried too! Aww, you guys are so deserving of some relief from all that cycling! (hee hee) Danny, lookin' great! Jared and I think you look way healthy in your face- it's awesome!! How fun to go eat at Habit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for relief week, that's wonderful! I love the picture of you two, such a cute couple! I love the Habit to, by far the best and each time we go to DAvis we feel the same way..it's such a cute little town. Glad you guys are enjoying yourselves and Lucy looks darling with her new hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video was the sweetest thing. We are praying hard for just one more cycle but know that you are all strong enough to handle whatever happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jasmine has never been so well taken are of! Who needs aladin when you have Danny around?? Thanks for hanging out with us yesterday. It was a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I feel less stupid for crying now--I saw that other people cried too. I love you guys and can't wait to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers from Arizona from the Dunn family! We think of you often and hope Danny continues to win this battle!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh that is darling! I can't wait for Lily to love princess stuff! And I love the singing, Danny!

    ReplyDelete